Friday, October 16, 2009

Thursday night ritual

I went over to Chris' last night despite the whole "not being compatible sexually" in the week prior. I am a little bothered by that comment because I guess of the way it was presented, but I felt led on and things like that. Oh well. I think he is a good guy, still, and we do get along quite well. More than anything I want a friend, so I think I can set my feelings aside.

He messaged me about 5p.m. saying he was sorry he hadn't messaged me all week and that it was Thursday. I acknowledged that it was and it was ok. We chatted about what we were up to and I was about to head out for coffee with Darla at Starbucks. I did, but logged into AIM on my phone since I knew he'd get around to asking me about hanging out. Eventually he left a strong overt hint he wanted to hang out. I asked him if he was going to watch "The Office." He said he was. I asked if he wanted me to come over. He said he would like that very much, but understood it was a long drive. I told him not to worry.

He had me meet him at Victoria Gardens because he was pretty much camped out there. He had a computer problem that was being fixed on his Apple and just got it back early in the day- that was before his phone started acting up and that warranted another trip. I meet him there. He was at the Genius Bar being helped when I got there. We hug and then look at the computer accessories while waiting for his new phone. It only takes a few minutes, then we head out. He drives me to my car and I drive back to his place.

He warned me his place was a mess, and honestly, it wasn't that bad- toys were everywhere, but not a big deal. We sit down on the couch and he connects his computer and phone, returns calls and texts while we watch "Community." We both think "Community" is stupid. We watched "Parks and Recreation," and Chris was questioning me about my Spanish abilities. I was chuckling quite a bit during the Spanish parts with the subtitles and he asked if I really needed those to understand and I told him, "no seƱor." "The Office" seemed to be a filler episode. We watched "30 Rock" after, which I found painfully boring.

We made smalltalk about what we had done during the week and work.

He was about to pass out it seemed by 10p.m. and so he walked me out to the car and we hugged and said our goodbyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you need to confront this not sexually compatible thing head on and see what he meant. 'Cause it sure seems you're compatible in many other ways.