Friday, October 16, 2009

Netflix

I am not the movie watcher as I've said in many posts (see question 23), however I won a month long 8 out at a time, unlimited subscription to Netflix. So I figure I will make this a productive movie watching month. What is in my queue?

1. Shelter - I lost my copy
2. Latter Days
3. The Proposal
4. Sex and the City: The Movie
5. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
6. Northern Lights
7. Bourne Supremacy
8. Bourne Ultimatum
9. October Sky
10. Slumdog Millionaire
11. The Secret Life of Bees
12. Beautiful Thing
13. Slumdog Millionaire
14. Crash
15. Shrek
16. Runaway Bride
17. Pretty Woman
18. Juno
19. The Godfather

What am I missing? haha I think I need to work on my masculine/action/drama movie list...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Trick? I liked it. Gay movie.
Shelter was awesome I thought. One of my
favorite movies is "Defending Your Life".
Comedy with a good message, rent it and check
it out! I loved No Reservations too.

Crap Newsman said...

You listed Slumdog Millionaire twice.

nabil said...

2 times slumdog millonaire, good choice, he deserves to be watched twice. crash also, Beautiful Los Angeles

Steevo said...

MILK

Latter Days

new zorro movies -manly as hell and zita jones i might "change" for LOL --- lets not tell dan...

do u have email?

r u on msn?

get in touch if u are willing

steevo

El Genio said...

Latter Days was a terrible movie, but Aaron is cute.

Netflix is also great for TV series, stuff like Brothers & Sisters, Queer as Folk, Heroes, Ugly Betty, 24 etc. Of course, series might be a little long if your just going the month route. My main recommendation: Firefly. It's only 14 episodes, and is hands down one of THE BEST tv series I have ever seen.

Steevo said...

@elgenio: yeah Latter days was not a blockbuster. but good message, modest budget. but i liked it. brot up some serious life issues.

the older woman who ran the restaurant was well known Hollywood star i think.

The starpower coups in recent times was Lifetime Channel getting Sigourney Weaver to do Prayers for Bobby.

steevo

Anonymous said...

HBO Series: Band of Brothers (watch the DVD extras, very good), Rome, Deadwood.

If you ever wanted to go to business school, watch The Godfather series and a more obscure pick, The Grifters.

Bruce said...

What about Brokeback Mountain???

Anonymous said...

How did you win 8 out unlimited subscription? I'm totally jealous.

Mike said...

Closet: Added "Defending Your Life" to my list.

El Genio: I have actually seen Firefly and it was good. Kind of a mix between sci fi and western. Odd combo, but not bad. I'm also trying to fill up my hard drive with gay movies and I don't have Latter Days on DVD

Bruce: I actually own a copy of that one already :)

Anonymous: I've seen the Grifters before. Surprise... hehe

Anonymous: A local news website was having a contest and I was 1 of 4 winners.