Saturday, October 17, 2009

Things are looking up

Pretty excited here... kind of nice...

- still dealing with tons of stress regarding the aunt. There were several lows this week. Lots of drama. I am still heartbroken over what she did, said, and happened. I'm just hoping my aunt is as stupid and what she said this week was the truth. She could be in major trouble not just with the family, but the law.

- A week off from school.... much needed

- Subbing 4 days next week for Linda

- Subbed yesterday for 1 hour and got paid for a full day

- Because I subbed for that hour I didn't get a chance to get my pedicure (I got the sub call at 12p.m. as I was heading out to do that)... lol... so gay... I know... lol... Chris inspired me... we were chatting the other night how we both needed our toenails cut and how our toes were so ugly... we both agreed pedicures were in order... so um... I am going to do that... should be fun... lol.. I know lots of guys who get them... need to find time for one... maybe tomorrow...

- Still having these awful headaches... they have been pretty much constant in the past 2-3 weeks.

- We bought a living room set at Ashley Furniture last weekend. It was $2,200, but on sale for $1,100. 50% off. Everything was delivered today, so we have been rearranging the furniture. I am in love. Red rust couches. Brown metal end and cocktail tables with glass. Our old couches were from 1994. We are getting rid of the end tables from 1974. Living room looks a whole lot more modern. Love the color!!!


- Cleaned out my closet- as in not just taking the clothes out, but all the stuff in the back I never touch. Sooooo much better now!!! Got rid of a lot. Also did all my laundry. Feeling pretty good about that. Things are organized once again and smelling good.

- We got a loan!!! We were approved during the summer, but only had time to get the new roof put on. Yay for that! Parents have great credit, but after the whole credit crunch we weren't approved. Just got approved during the summer. We can now finish redoing the house. That means...

- New windows (dad is going to buy them on Tuesday without my mom's knowledge... she'll throw a fit either way whether she knows our not... she'll say he bought the cheapest windows (not true- these will be the ones that qualify for the tax rebate because they are energy efficient)... how she wasn't consulted... but this is how my parents work after 30+ years of marriage... if they want it they do it... my mom is against it because it costs money... once the windows are installed she won't complain because her friend's son will do the install and so we're "helping" him with $$$ and they'll be pretty)

--- To explain how my parents work my mom was complaining how "aged" everything looked in the house and went out and just bought new carpet without telling my dad last year... also did the same when it came to an ugly couch she bought last year... that's how they work...

- Central air/heat (yes... our house is that old that it doesn't have it... seriously I don't know how we've survived in So Cal... mom has thrown a fit for years about how much it would cost... my dad basically said we are doing it PERIOD---
I'm calling to have it installed Monday)

- New doors... hopefully some nice doors with lots of glass to bring in lots of light

- New kitchen - a few months away, but things are moving!

- Waiting for JC Penney to have 70% off on blinds and curtains before we update the living room even more.

- My mom bothers me in that she insists on holding onto everything... thankfully my dad "found someone" (named the trash company) and "needs" end tables and old coffee tables.

Edit:
- Oh, and this just occurred. Sis was out all day while the couches were being delivered. Sister liked the old couches so much, despite the fact they were so ugly (well, with age, they were)... but my sister likes junk, so what do you expect? Anyways, she came got home about 15 minutes ago, saw the new couches, and said "yuck! I am never sitting in here again! These are ugly!" I laughed. Sister has complained for months how she doesn't want to get rid of the couches because she likes to sleep on them. Then she goes in her room, comes out, and suddenly her bed is broken. She has a twin metal bed in her room and she decided she wanted the old couch as her bed. She unscrewed a leg off of her bed and tried to bend it. Thankfully my parents said tough and gave the old pads on the couch to the dogs and put them in their dog houses. Victory! Poor sis. NOT!!! Sis had to put the leg back on her bed, of course there were all the cries of how she couldn't lift the bed, the bed was now on the floor, you get the idea.

No comments: