Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pumped up part 2

I spent the better part of an hour im'ing The Guy. He said he was going to the bookstore. I told him I had to go to. We decided to go together.

Got over to his place about 6:30. He was on the phone with his friend in San Francisco who is going through a lot of tough times. He talked on the phone and we were whispering back and forth, making faces at each other, then decided to go to the bookstore. He talked while we were in the car and finally about half of the way through said he had to go. So we talked about random stuff like the book I had to get. My mom has been asking me for the better part of the month to go over to the mall by where The Guy lives since it is the only bookstore that has it.

We go to Borders and they don't have the sci-fi book The Guy wants. As we were going in 2 hot guys were walking in. We get in there and there are hotties everywhere. The Guy and I ended up walking around the whole store stalking the hot guys and counting. We counted 8 hot guys there and we were making comments back and forth to each other. They didn't notice us... haha.

We go to Barnes & Noble at the other end of the parking lot and he goes looking for his book and I get the one my mom wants. Then I get some biography to read next week on the plane (I'm going to Nashville). I meet up with The Guy once I found my books. We decide to check out the DVDs. The Guy finds 20 he instantly needs, but decides not to since they aren't on BlueRay. The Guy does buy one however, so we check out in the back. The guy who checked us out JJ was talking about shows like Scrubs etc. and the 3 of us were totally flirting with each other.

JJ asked The Guy if he had a Barnes & Noble Member Card. He said no because you have to pay. The Guy was thinking about getting one etc. etc. Then The Guy said he'll get one, grabs the books I had in my hand, then says he'll pay for them if he is getting one. The Guy asks if I had a card and I said yes. JJ said we could use my member card for The Guy's purchase. So The Guy said he'd get me dinner since I saved him $25.00. HAHA. As we're standing there I pick up the Beach Boys CD "The Warmth of the Sun" and the 4th season of "JAG." There went my recycling money. Sounds like I'm becoming as impulsive as The Guy when it comes to buying stuff. Anyways, I pay for my stuff, then we leave.

In the car we talked about what we've been up to. The Guy went to Phoenix on Saturday on a whim, got off the plane, rented a Nissan 350Z, went to a bar, met a hot guy in the bar, decided he wasn't his type, realized he had an ugly friend with him, but befriended the ugly friend to meet the other hot guy that the ugly guy was with. The 3 guys were really wasted and The Guy was too, but not as wasted, or so I'm told. The 3 invite him to stay in their hotel room and so The Guy gets to sleep with the hot guy he wanted. They didn't do anything sexual. The boys were from Colorado. The Guy paid for their breakfast in exchange for letting him spend the night with them, then took off, came back to California. Went to Arizona for the bars...? I had to make fun of him for that... LA seems more of a bar/gay scene than Phoenix, but The Guy had fun, so I guess that's all that counts. Man... I'd love to have a weekend like that!!! Let me just take a moment to make it clear The Guy and I are not going out. We're just good friends... friends with benefits...

This led to The Guy telling me that Joe (the guy from Florida, he met online and now lives out here, who I mentioned a week or so back, who is 22) dog sat for him while he was gone. The Guy asked if I would ever dog sit for him, I said yes; he said he might take me up on the offer. He said Joe needed to print something on Sunday and The Guy was hanging out with his friend Zack, but invited Joe to print since he doesn't have a printer. The Guy said that Joe hung around for a while and then sat down, watched the movie with Zack and The Guy making The Guy uncomfortable because Joe was ruining and commenting on everything about the movie. Then The Guy basically told Joe he had to leave since The Guy can't joke around Joe. So Joe is now mad at The Guy.

We went, got Chinese food, went back, watched an episode of Stargate, then The Guy said he was going to go read his book and call it a night. During dinner I told The Guy about my sister and we made fun of her for little things like her driving or her taking the train to college, or her view on curse words... haha. I left and got home a little shy of 9p.m.

We also talked about how The Guy goes through stages of wanting to avoid people like when he doesn't take his meds or runs out. So that's the stage The Guy is going through now.

Great night overall though... it was great to just be with him, talk, actually talk about meaningful stuff, etc. etc. I'm pumped.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude. Thanks so much for the comment on my latest post.

Don't worry! I WAS interested in all that you had to say. I do read your blog and follow your relationship with "The Guy" (i sound like such a stalker).

Anywho, yeah, just wanted to drop a note to say thanks. I only wish that I could have "A GUY" in my life too.

Creative Thinker said...

You are really lucky to have a friend like the Guy. I am having a rough patch with a my best friend right now and it sucks.. I envy what you have.

dan said...

hey bud, Phoenix is actually very awesome, i love that down, and I swear everyone looks like they are off of mtv. I know I've said that before on my blog. anyway, can't wait to chat about the nashville deal....hmmm..
later.