Friday, August 24, 2007

Sexy professor...

'nuf said. I need a music class to graduate at school that hasn't been offered in over a year, so I'm going elsewhere to take it. I'm taking it at the community college 30 miles south of me since it is the closest school to offer it. It is a once a week class on Friday mornings from 9-12. I don't want to take it, but I have to if I want to graduate by next summer.

So I get there early, handle all my financial aid stuff, register in the class, then meet Randy who is a 50 or so year old Mexican guy taking the class. He is taking this class just because he likes music- he already has his BA and is 4 classes from his master's in college counseling. We talk about college, etc. and he seems like a cool guy. In fact, he said he'll take notes for me when I'm gone in 2 weeks. Randy also said if I need a job with his company, he can get me in, and tell me how to get them to pay for my education. Randy speaks no Spanish and was jealous at mis abilidades.

So the professor shows up at 9:15 even though the class started at 9. We had to guess this was the professor. He was YOUNG. He was 27 he told us, but you wouldn't know it. He looks like Jake Gyllenhaal, except much sexier; as if that was really possible, but it is. He had his hair slicked down and at a point in front. He has dark brown hair. Bright blue eyes. He is about 6', probably 170lbs. He doesn't look like he works out, but man, he doesn't have to. He was dressed in a sky blue polo and blue jeans with Doc Martens. HOT. He had a pukka shell necklace around his neck. He is Italian and Mexican. When he isn't talking he looked in a daze and had a sexy confused look on his face. He is getting his doctorate right now at the college The Guy goes to. The professor is a cool guy... he has had most of the students before, he is soooo understanding of everyone's situation, he was sooo interesting to listen to, he was sexy, and he even gave out his cell phone number. He is straight... he lived with his h.s. sweet heart from 19-22, then they married at 22 and he divorced her last year at 25, but is over that. Anything this guy says I'm sure is going to sing to me... haha... it is a music class.

So we did the typical first day introduction things where you introduce yourself. This guy isn't the normal prof. though. He was stopping as we were talking, asking us about stuff that caught our interest, then wanting to know more and asked questions. He said the point of that was to show we all have something in common, we're here for networking, etc, but also to show how though the guy may not know about something, he can ask, find out, and learn. He asked a kid who said he was taking a calc class to get up and show him how to do something. Since I said I am minoring in Spanish we had a conversation going in Spanish. He is taking some Spanish classes right now, but is not as advanced as I am.

I sat in this class and was actually looking forward to it. World Music sounds boring, but this guy sounds like he's going to do everything to make it interesting, he is really laid back, then he is going to drop our lowest test grade. Good stuff... and the prof. said he's an easy grader, goes over the study guides question by question, etc.

3 comments:

Closeted said...

Sounds like your gonna have a good time in this class. I love it when a prof. drops the lowest test score and grades easy.

J.R. said...

Dude! gimme the details and I'll come take the class with you. But don't sit near me, I don't want him to think we're together... I need to give off the completely single and available vibe.

If you want, you can tell people we're friends though.

Nothing Golden Stays

K said...

I love hot profs....

But I never get any fucking work done in their classes...because my mind is too busy somewhere else!