Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm Ready to Run... away... care to come along?

--- Woke up and got a haircut at 8:30a.m.
Had to take sis with me to get her hair trimmed... she is not a nice person before 10:00a.m. or so, so that wasn't fun and lasted until 11a.m.
--- Went to Staples for a mailer for a shirt that I had to return
They had a 6 pack of mailers, not 1 and so I had to end up buying a box that cost $2.49. Thankfully the shipping cost was covered to return the shirt.
--- Realized I had no cash in my wallet and felt lame having to ATM the $2.49 box.
--- I try to call the architect only to discover there was a cell phone outage in the area.
--- Went home and had enchiladas for lunch (the good part of the day)
--- Went to get the mail and send the shirt, pass my grandma's house and realize her driveway is nonexistent
The county resurfaced the road and "improved" it. They took out the asphalt that made it look like a driveway and put up a curb so it is impossible to get in her driveway. Then there is now a 2 foot long, 1 foot deep hole where part of the driveway used to be. Also realize her mailbox has been knocked down. I had to call the county and explain her driveway was no longer in existence and how I need them to come now. They said they would. County basically said they'd never block a driveway... right... I'm sure. Didn't bother to check if they fixed it and repaved her driveway, but will see tommorow morning and if not will call and raise hell again. Handled this problem behind my mom's back instead of giving it to her because she was dealing with enough stress relating to my grandma.
--- Got a jury duty summons in the mail... I'm going to be like my mom I swear who gets 1 yearly. This is my 2nd time getting jury duty. Curse at the thought of spending a day of summer vacation doing jury duty.
--- Get frustrated hearing about all the problems/bad treatment from my aunt in Nor Cal.
--- Let out an F bomb about 4:30 when I realized I missed my fingerprinting for substituting and it takes a while to get an appointment. UGH. I need to have those by the 21st. UGH.
--- Also about this time I also realize it is my dad's birthday tommorow and have no clue what to get him. He doesn't want clothes, has all the electronics, gift cards aren't for him (he loses them). Went to the mall and Best Buy only to come home empty handed. Still trying to find something.
--- Had some random idiot try to cut me off by making a right hand turn from the far left lane and crosses 3 lanes of traffic to make a right turn with me.
--- Didn't make it to the gym
--- I did make some scrumptious marshmallow crispy treats and indulged in those to make me feel better. Realized marshmallow crispy treats make everything better.

The idea of running away still sounds tempting though...

2 comments:

J.R. said...

Hey, I use my credit/debit card constantly for all kinds of amounts. Doesn't phase me a bit. Whenever I get cash, I spend it and forget to pull out more so I usually don't have a choice. You don't need to feel self-conscious about it...

Nothing Golden Stays

Anonymous said...

You like your shoes! Go for it, it makes you happy. Now I'm stressed from reading your day, wish I could have a rice krispy treat snack.