Friday, August 17, 2007

Does Gonzo know?

I was wondering if Gonzo does know I'm gay. Maybe it is just me reading too much into everything, but I'll explain.

Gonzo also works at the gym I go to. She works 2 jobs. I haven't seen her at the gym since the end of July since I've been going when she isn't working. My dad said on Wednesday when he went to the gym that he was going to tell Gonzo I was avoiding her and didn't love her anymore.

Sure enough, my dad did. Gonzo just looked sad and told my dad she thought he was right. Knowing that my dad was trying to cause problems I let him do it. I knew Gonzo would think it was pretty funny, I thought it was funny, and I would hear about it either way, so I was just playing along. So when my dad was at the gym I texted Gonzo and said, "he's right, I am avoiding you."

She texted me back a few hours later, "Mike, he did tell me u were avoiding me! lol. i heard youve been out a lot though. that's nice... you party too much Mike. don't become a lindsay lohan and i'll have bail you out mike, we can't be having that, it's not professional."

I responded "partying? No. Never. Wrong person. I am not the party type. I have been dealing with family stuff, house stuff, and hanging out with Steve" (she knows my friend Steve and how he is going to college and is into computer games and I told her I have been playing with him since I'm keeping The Guy a secret from everyone and staying in the closet).

She wrote back a few minutes later "and where have you been going out? Late at night, spending the night?" I texted her, "what did my dad tell you? as for going out, i have been hanging with Steve 4-5 days a week and Mike (another friend) has too. But let me reassure you nothing bad... no partying or anything took place. I'm a good little boy."

She wrote back, "really Mike? I have reasons to believe otherwise...," so I had to ask for an explanation.

Her response was not what I wanted to hear. "Spending so much time with Steve. Spending the night with Steve. You and Steve..."

I asked, "are you saying we are an item? me and steve? no... we're just hanging out and where did you get spending the night and all this me and steve...? i never said anything about spending the night... it was you." I could have just confessed, but a text message just wouldn't have felt right, not for one of my best friend's like her.

She said "i have my possee keeping an eye on you." She wouldn't respond to my 2 other texts. No biggie though. I'm not worried. I saw her driving twice yesterday... once at Kaiser and once at the grocery store and tried to call her after I saw her each time, but she didn't pick up her phone.

So now the possee is watching me. Is her possee my dad? Did my dad tell her I spent the night with Steve (The Guy)?

Not too worried though... coming out to her would be easy and she'd be pretty accepting. She would keep it a secret if I asked, and because of Loud Mouth Coworker, I'd ask her to. This is one of the other reasons I keep my texting to a minimum... 200 a month or less...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're not as stealthy as we think we are. We don't have girlfriends or any interest in going and finding one to sex up. We're hanging out with guys all the time. No subscription to girly mags, not buying Maxim at the convenience store or really reading it for the articles. We're giving out clues every time we say or do something because it's who we really are (like when you go shopping).

dan said...

dont' read too much into it, sometiems a joke is just a joke.
later

Anonymous said...

and what Dan said.