Sunday, April 5, 2009

Clubbing with Carl again

I went clubbing with Carl last night. He had been asking, begging, and pleading to hang out with me. I’m one of his few friends and I had been neglecting him mainly because I’m busy, but I didn’t want to hear his bitchfest about how he hates life, the world hates him, and stuff like that. I didn’t want to go over to his house and watch a movie and hear that. I figured the best thing we could do was go to a club. Sure I’d have to deal with him for about 20 minutes each way in the car, but it was a lot easier in my mind. We ended up talking and bitching to each other about things going on, which was fine, and I knew we would, but just sitting at home is so boring. Plus I wanted to dance.

So we went to the club we’ve been going to. The special last night was Long Island Iced Teas for $4.00. I bought the first round and we bought the second. We got our drinks and made our way outside the club to the patio and he told me about managing hotels, which is what he did after he got out of the Army and before he went to live with his brother and go to school. We sat down at a table and chairs on the patio and about 5 minutes later someone started throwing glass over the 15 foot fence or so and some landed next to the group of girls sitting next to us, then another came over the fence and shattered right around us. The club owners and security went running out the back gate, and we ran with them to see what was going on. They didn’t see anybody, but that was kind of scary.

We watched the drag show. There weren’t a lot of people there and it was easy for us to get on the VIP list to see the show. The drag queens were much better than the ones we had seen lately. There was a Selena and Madonna. Both were good, but not really my thing.

We danced after the show until 1a.m., then I said we’re leaving, which I warned him I was going to leave early because I was tired. I’m trying to get caught up on sleep.

We actually want to make it at least a monthly thing where we go out clubbing together. Friday nights are definitely the best night to go to this club. We were surprised that Saturday was so dead. I had a fun time though, don't get me wrong about the entire evening. I just wasn't really wanting to go out so much, but once I was out I was happy.

No comments: