Monday, April 20, 2009

I don't want to be your friend anymore

After 20 calls Saturday night, the night of Carl's birthday I finally picked up his last 2 calls. He told me to call him on his house phone, from my house phone etc. His excuse for calling was he didn't know whether or not I was receiving the calls. I received every one of his calls, but I was practicing something called boundaries. I got a call Saturday night as I was about to head out the door that said if I wanted to be his friend I'd have to take him to the the club we've been going to for his birthday. Before everything registered, he hung up. Once I processed the information I realized I did have something going on. I was going out with Gonzo and her boyfriend, so I had to refuse. I called him up and apologized asking to reschedule. He said fine and sounded like he was going to cry. I didn't say why I had to refuse, but had he asked I would have said "family stuff," or something to that effect. I apologized and explained how I had other commitments. He said ok and hung up. Ten minutes later I get a call and I pick it up because I knew what it was, it was going to be an end all thing.

Me: Hello
Carl: I don't want to be your friend anymore.
Me: I'm sorry, I tried my best.
:::Click:::


Who knows, who cares, I'm not worried at this moment. We have 2 projects coming up in Spanish we're doing together. Who knows what'll become of those. Again, I'm not worried because the professor can always place me with someone else.

1 comment:

Mo said...

BEST.CARLCONVO.YET!