Thursday, April 30, 2009

On edge

It is week 5 at school, 5 more weeks to go this quarter, 1 week of finals, then I graduate. WOW!!!

I had a midterm yesterday in Spanish. It was an oral presentation. It was supposed to be with Carl. I didn't have any of Carl's material at 10a.m. Monday, which is when I told him I wanted the information so I could put it in the Powerpoint. I wasn't surprised. He called me nearly a dozen times beginning at 3:30a.m. Wednesday morning to let me know he didn't have it. I keep my cell phone on all the time (for family reasons), but I'm sure everyone does. After about 8 repeated calls I turned my phone off, and by 4:30a.m. I had received 20 calls. So much for forgetting my phone number. Anyways, by 1:30p.m. yesterday I had 5 myspace messages from him that I'm sure you guys don't want to read about, because I don't, and each time I got one it sent me into an emotional spiral (although I didn't read them) because I was mad and worried about things like my grade, something Carl isn't worried about. Presentation ended up going well and I knew Carl's info. well enough, and explained to the professor Carl was gone.

I have been waking up at 4:30a.m. or so every morning. It is not fun.

I have had 2 horrible days at work. The 7th graders are out of control. Administration doesn't care. I felt powerless and wanted to cry. I usually don't let the kids get to me like that, but it was just a combo of stuff going on this week/nerves about work/grad school. I had a kid throw up in my classroom today and we had to finish the rest of the day in the cafeteria. Kids were wacko afterwards all day.

Have felt really alone this week- just a lack of support from work, family is focused on issues with my dad and aunt in Nor Cal, The Guy and I have been going to hang out, but he is busy in the evenings, and our schedules are conflicting. Gonzo has been really busy too.

Money on my end- My paycheck wasn't deposited into my account when it was supposed to be and was put in an old account (thanks Altura, Fucking Idiot, Credit Union) causing lots of overdrafts and me to have to run up several hundred in credit card charges. They waived the overdrafts after me raising hell. I don't know if I mentioned, but this is the bank that thought going to WEHO with the bloggers back in March 2008 and withdrawing $43 from an ATM (after $3 surcharge) was suspicious, and going to Kentucky this past summer was also supsicious. My money will be moved when I'm paid on the 9th of the month completely into a different bank. I know I just need to let the bank know I frequently travel out of the IE area, but I'm fed up with them. I've filled out the forms at work already to have my check put in my new bank. I already have the account set up at the other bank, so we're good to go.

Family stuff- we're on edge about my dad's health (he's been to the doctor 3 times this week) and drama with my aunt in Nor Cal. When we should be closer as a family because we're worried about my dad and rooting for him, we're separated because everyone is running in 10 different directions because of the aunt situation.

The good news? I need to think positively, which I've really been trying to do, and it has helped. This stuff is keeping me sane and I feel "lucky" that this stuff is going right...


"Lucky" - jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat

Went out with a guy named Luke I met on connexion a few months back, last night. We went to the club Carl and I had been going to. We had been chatting for a while. He is a Mac user and needed an IEEE-1394 cable, which I had several extra. I said if he bought me a nice, strong drink, I'd give him my IEEE-1394 cable. We share a lot of the same things in common (teacher, went to my college, Mac user) and so enough to be friends. We agreed and went out and chatted. Met him at 10:30 last night and got home around 12, only to wake up at 3:30 and doze off until 4:44a.m.

Texting Hottie and I are still texting. Gonzo and I finally, sort of, caught up over text and are planning on going out soon. My coworker Marci and I have been chatting a lot, and for once, someone is randomly texting me. Best friend down in Mississippi and I have also chatted a lot and want to do something together this summer.

I got a letter of interest for a job I applied for. I had a good conversation with my dad about some school/stuff related to my future.

I think the Spanish presentation went well. I have a new partner named Steven, whom is very EASY to work with. We met after class yesterday for our presentation on Wednesday. He said he'd do the second half of the chapter if I did the first, we'd both get a book from the library for "additional resources," and I told him to have his information to me by Monday night to compile it. He said not to worry, he'd have to it to me by 5:00p.m. Saturday afternoon. I am inclined to believe him, he is on top of his stuff.

I had my graduation announcement photos taken today and have already seen them, and picked out my favorite. The photographer knows that I am really interested in journalism and she said I needed some nice headshot photos if I do a website or something, and so she went in with that mindset when doing my photos. I LOVE MY PHOTOS, and do plan to put them on my website. It really made me feel kind of sexy to get the photos done, and they really turned out well, haha.

Update: Much better mood this morning. Slept at least 7 hours last night and didn't wake up once.

No comments: