Monday, April 6, 2009

Text etiquette/ interest

Hey guys!

I am keeping another guy under wraps I met just because it is new, I really like him, and I don't want to screw anything up. We met on an internet site a while back, adam4adam of all places. Don't ask. I'll explain later. We became myspace friends a few days later, then we chat back and forth when he is on AIM. He has been messaging me about once a week on myspace. I always reply back. This past Thursday after he sent me a myspace message saying he was coming to my city that night I wrote him back and gave him my cell phone number as a hint. We chatted via text Thursday night. Friday night he texted me asking what I was up to when I was out with friends and wrote back. Saturday we finally hung out and met in person. We texted back and forth that night. Sunday afternoon he texted me while I was out and about the time I went to bed.

So now that I have vaguely talked about our conversations my question is what should I say to him?

I know it is more than my turn to text him, so I want to do that.

We're just friends right now, nothing more. I haven't been to his house or done anything beyond given him a hug, so don't get your hopes up.

So when should I text him? What should I say? Should I just do a simple "what's up?" Should I randomly write him about a "random thought" that I had about something like I tend to do with friends? Should I text him after I make a delicious meal or recipe because we both really enjoy cooking and kind of brag?

Thanks for your help!

5 comments:

Aek said...

I like "What's up?" or texting after you've cooked something. Or both at the same time. Seems appropriate and casual. :)

Bruce said...

Aek's suggestions are great. I'd also add a question about how his day was at work/school. It shows your interested in knowing more about his everyday life. Good luck!!

dan said...

dang you little social butterfly!!! you meeting all sorts of BOYS OUT DERE!!! . just reading and catching up with it all. later

Anonymous said...

Damnnnnnnnn. Way to go.

Crap Newsman said...

Those suggestions but I won't text him on a daily basis. Every other day or every two days would be ideal.