Sunday, April 12, 2009

This was all in 1 night!!!

Some stories from tonight with my sister:

At the Easter gathering

Aunt to my sister: Take a plate of food home, please Sis
Sis: That's ok
Other aunt to sister: What are you going to eat when you get home?
Sis: Grilled cheese
Other aunt: We have so much food here- ham, chicken, macaroni salad, mashed potatoes, spinach salad...
Sis: I already ate here.
Mom: (she'd already given my sister the look of dismay) Oh, I'll take some ham because it is good to snack on.
Aunt: What about some chicken?
Mom: Is it true uncle made that?
Aunt: Yes. I baked it, then uncle grilled it, then put barbecue sauce on it. It was actually pretty quick.

When we got home
My sister's tire has a hole in it or something. I'm not sure. I know the tire has less than 10,000 miles on it, and I know because that used to be my car. My guess is sister did something intentional to it to cause whatever problem. Sister wants her tire repaired immediately. My dad deemed it was not that bad and could wait. Sister breaks down on the floor of the living room and cries. Complete hysterics ensue about how her life is so difficult and she needs her car to be safe for her.

Meeting tomorrow
My parents are meeting some friends at Farmer Boys for dinner tomorrow. My sister said she wasn't going, she was going to wait at Sears while her tire was repaired. My mom reminded her she didn't have money to pay for the tire, that Sears is open until 9 or so, so not to worry.
Mom: We're going to Farmer Boys to see Joe and Ellen AT 4 tomorrow.
Sis: My tire needs fixed. We're going to Sears at 3:30
Mom: I can't make it to Sears by that time.
Sis: You promised you would.
Mom: No, Sis, I didn't.
Sis: Yes.
Mom: When?
Sis: On the way home from aunt's house
Mom: You were talking about graduating the whole way home
Sis: Dad heard me.
Dad: No
Sis: You did too, daddybutt
Dad: You want to watch that?
Mom: We can drop your car off at 3:45, I can pick you up, and make it to Farmer Boys at 4p.m.
Sis: No.
Mom: It is the best I can do
Sis: I'm waiting there for my tire
Mom: We're going to eat at Farmer Boys.
Sis: I'm not
Mom: Oh?
Sis: I'm getting my tire fixed.
Mom: Sears is open until 9, so we can drop your car off at 3:45, but we have to be back for Joe and Ellen.
Sis: I need my car.
Mom: We're going to see Joe and Ellen, and eat with them. Farmer Boys has grilled cheese. (My sister is surviving on grilled cheese these days eating it 3-4 times a day)
Sis: Gross. No.
Mom: What are you going to eat?
Sis: Not that. They're too upscale for me. Why are we going to pay $4.99 for a grilled cheese when I can make one at home?
Mom: It doesn't matter. We're going out, exposing you culturally to new things (although we've been to Farmer Boys a good 40-50 times in my life. Farmer Boys, for you non-So Cal people is basically the equivalent of a Bob's Big Boy- that's the best way to describe it I think)
Sis: Screw that.
Mom: Screw? What have we said about screwing things?
Sis: Screw you for not taking me to get my tire fixed.
Mom: (fuming by now) We're going out because friends are in town, they love Farmer Boys, and we're going out to eat as a family. There is no option to eat at home.
Sis: Screw them.
Mom: I'd screw yourself right back into your room if I were you. NOW!
(sis falls on floor)
Mom: March!!! RIGHT NOW!!! Sis, I'm sick and tired of your attitude. Sick and tired of you thinking you can be different... etc. etc. etc. (Walks sis to room.)

3 comments:

Aek said...

Wow, as much as I hate to admit this, I'm glad your sister isn't getting what she wants. What's her deal anyway? Is she seeing a psychologist?

Bruce said...

It's about damn time your parents stood up to her and her antics. Good for them.

Crap Newsman said...

Sorry is this might sound offensive but your sister is going to be a white trash when there wouldn't be anyone for her when she gets older.