Saturday, April 25, 2009

Texting Hottie

Here's my first encounter with Texting Hottie. I had a 2nd date with him last night.

I met another guy on adam4adam recently. He seems like a real quality guy. In his profile he didn’t have anything listed like top, bottom, etc.; only that he is recently out of a 5 year relationship, new to the area, and looking for friends. We chatted back and forth on adam4adam for a few days; what do you do, what do you like to do for fun, things like that. Soon we began chatting on AIM and we found we have a lot in common- we love the “hot mess” comedian Chelsea Handler, (Chelsea Lately). We both have that nerdy side to us. He loves to spend time outdoors, travel, and go exploring.

Things progressed and we became myspace friends. He sends me myspace messages every couple days asking what I’m up to, how school and things are going. He was checking up on me when I was in Seattle. Thursday he said he was coming over into my city to go shopping. He asked what I was up to that evening. I said just allergy shots at 4:30, then I didn’t have any plans after that. I sent my cell phone number in the message and he texted me a few hours later. He said that he was going to come over to my city to shop for a wedding gift for friends. Then a few minutes later he had a call from his good friends who were moving and needed help to move, so his plans were slashed. He texted me one Friday night asking what I was doing and told me he may be going to the plant sale at my college on Saturday. I texted him Saturday morning and asked if he was. We made plans for the plant sale at 1:30p.m.

So Dom in a nutshell. He goes home to LA every weekend to hang out with his lesbian sister, straight brother, and family. He is 27, 5’7’’, 130lbs, dark brown hair, dark, hairy body, his dad is Portuguese and mom is French I think he said.

We get there at 1:30. I pull in a few minutes before him I guess. I recognize him immediately. He parks a few rows away from me and a little guy like him gets out of a huge SUV. I was amused. We shake hands, then start trekking up to the sale. We introduce ourselves. I tell him I’m a Comm/Spanish major. He joked how he realized I was a Spanish major the night before when he was texting me in Spanish and my Spanish came off better, so he quickly reverted back to English. We talked about phones. He has a Blackberry that he is in love with.

He is an egg inspector. He works for a large company in the area that produces eggs. He is in charge of quality control- ensuring the eggs are safe, chickens aren’t being mistreated, employees aren’t mistreated, etc. He went to Cal Poly, majored in Agriculture, and stuff like that. He used to live up in Turlock doing that, but came down here 2 years ago when he got a much better opportunity. He has a sweet deal. Company paid housing on the property, 4 bedroom house, he only pays for his TV and phone. I tell him about subbing, work, and stuff like that.

He is really interested in plants as you can guess with a degree in Agriculture and he asks me my interest in plants. I said “they’re nice to look at, I don’t really know the names, but I’m excited to see what you have to show me.” He showed me pictures on his camera of his yard with plants and trees he bought. He told me how you plant various things. There were several plants with interesting smells he pointd out. One that smelled like cat piss, another that smelled like popcorn, one that smelled like carrots, vanilla, and the list went on. It was really interesting. He went around and picked up a bush, an herb, and a few seed packets.

We walked through the botanical gardens and he told me about a lot of the plants, how things should be in bloom because it is Spring, but aren’t. He told me about some of the stuff he is planting. We talked about his family. He told me about the lesbian sister, brother, mom, dad, stepmom etc. He never really has the time to get out and just do stuff, and is really looking for friends.

He asked what I like to do, where I live, things like that. His dad was in the military, so constantly moving. He lived in Ohio, Hawaii, and Cali. I told him how my mom’s dad was in the military and my mom hated constantly switching schools and moving, so that probably explains why I’ve lived in the same house my entire life. My mom went to nearly 20 different schools- almost every elementary and middle school in the city I live in, as well as several schools in San Diego, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. I told him I am learning video editing, how I’m doing that for journalistic reasons. I like to troubleshoot computers. I like to drive, go to amusement parks, random trips, and things like that. He told me how he went to Six Flags a few weeks back and roller coasters just didn’t’ give him that thrill. He hasn’t been to Disneyland since his senior year of college.

After passing all of the herbs I told him I like to cook. He asked what I like to cook and I told him about my obsession with Rachael Ray. I love her 30 minute meals because they’re quick and more or less healthy. I told him I’m not one to bake because I can never make perfect cookies or things like that. He loves to bake on the other hand and makes huge batches of everything. He cooks a lot of salads and fresh ingredients because of his garden. He is very health conscious it seems. He loves Americas Test Kitchen books and often tries recipes from there, as well as stuff he sees on the Food Network.

Adam4adam came up in the conversation. We sat down on a park bench and chatted. We talked about how it is all about hookups and the better sites like connexion. He told me about his ex. His ex is 6 years older and basically it ended up being like a marriage because after 6 months of dating his ex moved in with him because his living situation changed. Him and his ex just broke up after doing the whole long distance thing, but how he was doing all the work in the relationship like the cleaning, cooking, buying everything because all of his exes money went toward school and they never saw each other when they lived together in the last few years because of his ex being in school getting his MBA. His ex was 5 years older. He told me how he goes to the lesbian clubs a lot with his sister and had been to a couple of the clubs in the area. I told him about what I knew and how it is kind of the same queeny guys constantly going.

We talked about my college and I showed him what some of the landmarks were that I could identify from the top of the botanical gardens, then we headed down to pay for his plants.

He asked what I was up to the rest of the afternoon. I didn’t have any plans. He said he wanted to go to Trader Joes and if I wanted to accompany him. Then he said that there is a Panera right there, which we both love, so he followed me down to it. He was surprised I didn’t hop on the freeway.

We get to Trader Joes, then walk over to Panera. We probably chat in Panera for an hour to hour and a half. He tells me about how he got involved in agriculture, why it interests him, how some people find it such a turnoff because he sees things being killed, how he has raised chickens or pigs, then killed and ate them. I told him it wasn’t a big deal because my grandma used to do the same and I vaguely remember her having cows, killing them, then calling her friend the butcher to take the cow away, then a few weeks later she had meat.

He told me stories about him trying to learn Spanish. He is of Spanish origin, but only his last name shows that.

We talked a lot about cooking, how my mom is a home economics teacher, so we eat in a lot. Everything is from scratch. The most expensive meal my mom makes is her homemade pizza. He seemed really intrigued by this. I admitted how when I was little I was never exposed to things like Stove Top Stuffing, Top Ramen, etc. He got a good laugh out of that, but it was true. He told me how he loves to cook, which is why he was going to Trader Joes for a lot of Indian food spices. He wanted to make chicken tiki marsala and some other stuff. He is all about doing things fresh. He told me how his brothers family does not cook, they eat Chilis for every meal, or Carls Jr. He told me how his brother and sister-in-law have just ballooned over the past couple of years. We talked about making cookies, Christmas cookies, recipes, and things like that.

We finished eating, then walked over to Trader Joes. He picked out a basket and got the spices and stuff he needed. We chatted about a lot of the same stuff we already had. He gave me a lesson about eggs inside Trader Joes, which was amusing.

We go outside to his car, then talk a little bit more about food. Then we talk about our plans for the evening. I decide homework may be in my best interest and he has to help his friends finish moving. We hug, then part ways. He texted me about an hour later thanking me for spending the day with him and I tell him it is my pleasure, that I enjoyed learning about the plants, and hope to hang out again. He texted back sorry to bore me and I told him it was interesting, then brought up the cat piss plant. He texted back that was nasty.

But overall, I really like him. He seems like a quality, fun guy, lots of the same interests.

2 comments:

Aek said...

Okay, I'm slightly confused . . . the guy's Portuguese/French, then suddenly he's Hispanic? o_O

I think I like this guy, lol. Not many people care for plants (and he's my height). ;-)

Anonymous said...

i've been doing video editing, so much fun. I'd like to learn Final Cut.

Sounds like a good meeting with a nice guy. It's nice when the conversation flows easily and isn't forced or worst, weird. Blackberry huh?