Tuesday, July 10, 2007

April 21-30

Monday, April 30, 2007
A hairy dilemma
Everyday at work/school last week I wore my hair a different way each day. Everyone noticed and commented each day I was doing my hair differently, so I took a pic each day and was wondering what you guys thought. I usually wear my hair in spikes, but I like to play around with different styles, so I'm open to ideas. Comment and tell me which style looked best on me. I'm just curious...Monday: Just washed lookTuesday: SpikesWednesday: bedheadThursday: toweled spikes (after I washed my hair I took a towel to my hair and scared it)Friday: the waveReally want your opinion on this one... on some people it looks good, but I don't think I have enough hair for it to look good. It looks good on The Guy, he has even less hair, so I don't know. I think the photo looks better than it does in person.
Posted by Mike at 8:34 AM 2 comments

Sunday, April 29, 2007
What happened to self discipline?
I know, I know, I posted how last night I was really going to sit down and read for my classes and get caught up with schoolwork. TONIGHT I WILL... PERIOD.My day didn't work out like that at all. I filled up 7 trash cans with oleanders from our yard in the 90 degree heat. I was sweating badly afterward.Then I went to the gym and worked out my arms and chest. Met a nice black guy there (who is always there it seems) and we were talking, he gave me his phone number to call him in case I ever want to work out with him or have any questions about equipment etc. lol. I wasn't sure what to make of that... his daughter was there with him too. I've seen him there before and he's a friendly guy, always talking to everyone, helping everyone on the machines, so it can't be bad.I came inside and took a LONG bath. I read maybe 10 of the 70 pages I needed to read for my English class. Got a call from The Guy. I said I was planning on staying in. Then the thought how I was the only one home since my mom and sister were at the baseball game and a play, I deserved to get out too.I drove over to his place and we watched "A Knight's Tale" cuddling next to each other on the couch. Then he showed me a motorcycle he wants to buy. He is going to take lessons this summer to learn to ride a motorcycle since he is planning on buying a $20,000 Harley. Man... him and money... I'm not going to say anything, but he has no control when it comes to that. I didn't even mention everything he has bought in the past week. I said I would be interested in learning to ride a motorcycle and he said I should take the classes with him. I really think it'd be cool to learn to ride, though I don't have a motorcycle.Then we went to his bed, made out a lot, the blew each other. Then we got in the shower. It was fun... not going to let go of all the details on here... you'll have to ask.Afterward we played some Lord of the Rings roleplaying game he bought. I was not impressed. RPG is not my thing I guess. Maybe it's just the whole LOTR things didn't interest me. Maybe if it were like normal characters I'd have liked it more.Got home at 12:40. Ok... I need sleep. Seriously... if you guys have been keeping track I got maybe 6 hours Friday night, got maybe 5 1/2 hours of sleep after being at his house Thursday night, Wednesday night I didn't sleep good... got 5 hours I'm guessing. Tuesday night I didn't sleep well either. Monday night was ok I think. Last Sunday night was also a late night with the cousin. I woke up yesterday morning so tired. I am going to be in bed about 10:30 tonight NO EXCEPTIONS. I am going to have self discipline and control to get myself there at that time. I also need to cut down on driving... meaning trips to The Guy's place. I think he knows that too... I have driven 500 miles this week alone and filled up my gas tank twice. I think we may just start hanging out once a week.
Posted by Mike at 10:03 AM 1 comments
Labels: Guys, Gym, My day, Weather

Saturday, April 28, 2007
Dinner with dad and night at The Guy's
The 2 biggest things that annoy me about my dad is his laziness when it comes to chores, but also his forgetfulness. Chores would be defined as his stacks next to the couch or when it comes to yardwork or something, someone else has to initiate the cleaning process. Then you can tell my dad something 10 times, and he still may forget.My dad has known for years how much the stacks annoy my mom and I. I just felt the other night was a good time to let my thoughts go since we had been arguing with each other so much before and not speaking, I figured now was as good as any time to tell him again, but this time come off really pissed off. I did. I succeeded I think.We didn't talk at all on Thursday. Then yesterday, Friday, we had to meet with the architect and a construction company since we were discussing what we wanted as far as the construction so the construction company could submit their bid on our project. The architect lives about 2 miles from my school. I saw no point leaving school, driving home, only to have to drive back with my dad, then find dinner along the way. I said you pick up sis at school, then call me, and we'll meet for dinner, then go to the architect's house. My dad sounded like he didn't want to talk to me when he was on the phone. He finally asked where I wanted to eat and I said a well known Mexican food place we have heard about, but never been since it is in a bad area of town.Got to the Mexican food place, sat down, and I started talking, telling him about my day at school and whatnot. Then my old elementary school principal, and longtime family friend came in to the restaurant with his wife. We talked to them for a while and told him what I was up to etc. Then my dad started talking to me about how he was so proud of me that I'll be able to finish school in 3 years instead of 4, how I've put up with so much at my college, and stuff like that.Then the conversation shifted to me becoming a teacher, then little things like salary, all the extra work teaching requires. My dad was telling me since he is an RSP teacher how much extra work his job is and how he is different than my mom. My parents both bring their work home (my mom brings papers for grading and ideas to create lesson plans), whereas my dad just does clerical stuff (calling parents, scheduling meetings, inputting grades into the computer). Then he was saying how he doesn't bring home so much because he realizes he is trying to be fair to my sister and I, be there for us.A thought popped in my mind when he said this, plus being in a restaurant, I was sure that he wasn't going to argue with me back. So I said, well, isn't apart of being there for my sister and I, as well as the family mean helping around the house, doing stuff like vacuuming and cleaning up the living room, SHREDDING stuff, yardwork, etc.? I said you can be there, sit around all evening, doing whatever, but is that really being there? Maybe you consider sitting being there, but I assume what you mean is being there for the family to help out, and to do that, it requires doing little chores like shredding stacks of bills, cleaning up, doing yardwork, etc. He was a little hesitant to admit that yes, what I pointed out was what he was talking about. I don't know that this will spur any action, but to at least be able to tell him what I thought, get him to listen in a setting where he could not argue back was great. Now I wish I had said that when we have our new house I'm sure he won't want to get it dirty by having clutter like bills laying around and other random stuff. Dang. The meeting with the architect and contractors was SOOOOOOOOO BORING. I like the architect a lot. He is an interesting guy, but he is one of those people who talks so much and doesn't know when to close his mouth. The meeting could have probably been done in an hour, but it took 5 hours. We got to his house at 6:00p.m. and my parents were there until 11:25 talking.I left at 10:30 when I got a call on my cell phone. I said it was friends who invited me to Gameworks to play video games until 1a.m., then we were going to go to Denny's afterward to eat and talk. It was a LIE. Yes. It was The Guy. He wanted to hang out and just watch a movie. I went to his condo and we laid on the couch together watching "Arrested Development." About midnight he got tired and I was getting tired too. He asked when I had to be home and I said I told my parents probably 3 or 4a.m. 3 or 4a.m. turned into 6:30a.m. I figured by 3 or 4a.m. my parents would be so tired that they had to be dead to the world, so I could probably get by staying the night more or less. We laid in bed cuddled up to each other and stayed in that position ALL night. I slept really well, even though The Guy snores loudly and his dog I'd swear has ADD and is constantly moving and needing attention. It felt so good to be laying there next to him, just the feeling of someone who cares for you, with their arm around you, man it was great. At 6:30 I got up, though I was tired, then made my way back home. I got home at 7:05a.m. and everyone was dead to the world. Had to make sure of course... walked into my parents bedroom like I had to use the bathroom, they didn't even move... both were deeply sound asleep. I laid down and slept until 9:00a.m. I would have loved to stay the whole night.My dad was in a good mood this morning. He asked how my time was last night and asked what time I got home. I told him about 3:45a.m. We went to Denny's and just talked away. I guess my dad is in a real good mood this morning since we are talking and in fact went out to get breakfast for everyone at Farmer Boys. I'm waiting for that right now. My mom got up and asked what time I got home- I repeated my story and she said she didn't even hear me come in (my mom sleeps as lightly as I do, if not lighter). She said she was just so tired, asked if I had a good time with my friends, and what we talked about since we went to Denny's. I told her, made it sound believeable, and it worked out. Good deal.Today I'm doing yardwork, homework, possibly going to a baseball game, possibly going to a play at my dad's school. I will be home this evening though- I've been gone too much lately. WAAAAAY too much!Tommorow I'm possibly going to the Home Show at the LA County Fairgrounds.Hope all of you guys have a great weekend!!!
Posted by Mike at 10:07 AM 0 comments
Labels: Guys, My day

Friday, April 27, 2007
What he wants and what I want...
Saw The Guy last night. He called me about 5p.m. and said we should make it a night together. I couldn't have agreed more. I love the guy, as a friend of course, I'm not letting myself fall for him like that. We decided that I'm not going to spend the night this weekend, it'll be a couple weekends from now since we don't want my parents to become too suspicious.Got to his condo and we exchanged CDs, then made random smalltalk. Then we went to his bedroom where we cuddled up to each other for probably 20 minutes just talking and enjoying each others company. Then came the making out, nipple play, then oral.Afterward we had to hop in the shower... it was probably a 30 minute shower. He bought a new shampoo today that he was excited to try out. It smelled sooooo good and insisted I had to try it too. I noticed after the shower that my hair had looked reddish, which is strange... even though my hair is changing right now, to see reddish was strange. It is going to a darker brown.Anyways, then we talked in the shower... we talk a lot in the shower about random stuff. He thought I was pissed off at him last night, so we talked about that. I wasn't- it's just online when someone doesn't respond to a message it can be interpreted in sooooo many different ways and that was it. Told him anytime he is in doubt to call me. I told him about my lack of patience since that came up while we were in the shower and he believed me. He said he doesn't think I have any patience and that I could never become a teacher since I don't have patience. I also learned when we were talking about our day that he is getting his master's so he can become a teacher. He's being vague about his past jobs, but I've determined this... he was probably unhappy doing whatever he was doing, therefore in 2003 decided to go back to school to get his master's, which he is still in the process of getting. He won't tell me where he works now or what kind of work he does, but I have a feeling he works in retail because of his really odd hours.We went to Tarjay (Target) afterward. We had some really good conversation there. We talked about a man on craigslist in our area, who we both knew from the photos and posts he made on craigslist, who was disabled, and has cerebral palsey who was beaten in his apartment Sunday night by a man and 4 others he met on there. One of the men the had met before, the others hadn't. They stole everything he owned, which was not much since he lived on social security. But we talked about that, how we've both met only 1 other person on craigslist and how scary the whole online thing can be, but how it was so wrong to take advantage of this guy who had nothing. We also talked about how this could have happened to either of us. We both plan to donate to a fund the police department sat up for him because we've seen his many craigslist postings, then to see him on TV, find out about him being attacked, and whatnot, it made both of us really upset. http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=5245359Also at Target we talked about my cousin who just came out and told everyone she was a lesbian and 6 months pregnant. My parents don't know about either, but I'm going to break it to them, just make sure they keep it a secret since they're not supposed to find out. This helped spur the gay/coming out talk, which I enjoyed. I also want to see my parents reaction to her being a lesbian just to get an idea of their reaction. I was thinking of telling my mom last night when I got home since she asked me about how the family was (since I said I was visiting with my cousin), but I just kept it vague and just said there are problems with this cousin. I'll bring it up later when we're sitting down to dinner or something.On the way back to his place in the car he was talking about his ex-boyfriend Mike (because their song "Suddenly I See" came on the radio), then his other ex-boyfriend who took advantage of him. Mike (not me) was 21 and they went out for 4 months. He has a thing for younger guys... lol. Anyways, it was good to hear that, because then he asked what I was wanting. I said that I like it the way things are right now. We have a friendship going, plus some added benefits. He agreed. I asked what he was wanting and he said not a relationship since he sees how I'm not ready to come out of the closet with all of the family issues, plus me questioning my sexuality and whatnot. He enjoys being friends, the random hanging out, plus other benefits, and I do too.We went back to his place and he made us both quesadillas. Then we watched Arrested Development.I left at 10:30 and got home at 11:40. It took an hour and 10 minutes!!! It should have taken 32-35 minutes at 10:30p.m., but there was a sigalert on one of the freeways, extra street traffic because a transition to another freeway was shut down, so there was lots of traffic because of that. Finally got off the freeway and then the highway I live on was shut down due to construction about 5 miles from my house. I had to go and drive through the city and go the back way home. I decided to turn on the traffic report halfway home when it was too late to go another way, had I known, I would have gone the back way in the first place. I could have made it in 40 minutes.
Posted by Mike at 7:59 AM 0 comments
Labels: Guys, My day

Thursday, April 26, 2007
Anderson Cooper in the shower
http://www.queerty.com/queer/anderson-cooper/First off, let me say I like Anderson Cooper a lot for his news reporting style, but this story is just beyond me. Heard this on the morning talk shows and had to do some investigating. It was reported that Anderson Cooper showers in his boxer briefs, or did, now that report is being denied. I think Anderson is somewhat hot, he has a hot boyish look to him sometimes, but is definitely a bit old for my tastes. To find out though, that he showers in his boxer briefs. That was a turnoff. To me that shows insecurity. Sure I might not be the most self confident when it comes to my body, but at the gym I'm pretty sure I'd strip down and shower all the way because I'm sure that's what a lot of guys do. But I mean is it worse having the world know what underwear you wear? What are you going to do with wet underwear? Carry it home beside you dripping wet? I understand that he is constantly under the microscope for his sexuality, though has denied he is gay many times. I understand that since he is a high profile celebrity if someone were to snap a picture of him nude it'd be all over the internet or something. Maybe he is worried about size and stuff like that, then rumors could flare up that way once people see how big he is or isn't. If he is worried about being seen though, why not do it the way I and a lot of other people at my gym do...? Go to the gym in a pair of track pants and a t-shirt, then go home and shower or take a bath. Maybe he is just self conscious- I am too, but I don't think I'd do this. If he is worried about having to shower in front of everyone he should do what I do. Not too hard. Oh wait... doing that might start rumors that Anderson smells bad because he never showers, therefore it is a lose, lose situation. heh.I don't know... maybe the only reason I care is because I like to hear celebrity gossip. I find it funny. Maybe its because I thought Anderson was more of a briefs guy or something. Does anyone else ever do that where they try to figure out what a guy is wearing underneath their pants or shorts?
Posted by Mike at 4:26 PM 1 comments
Labels: Gym, Thoughts

Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Question--- feel free to comment
I've been talking to The Guy everyday as I've said before. We were talking last night. On Saturday I want to go to the IE Auto Show. The Guy found out and invited me to stay at his house Friday night. Should I? I am comfortable with the guy, otherwise I wouldn't consider it. I am so far leaning toward yes.I'm pretty sure I can pull it off. I have a good excuse. Friends from a college about 40 miles away who share an apartment are inviting me to stay with them Friday night and hang out on Saturday and go to the auto show. What do you guys think?
Posted by Mike at 9:01 AM 3 comments
Labels: Guys

So my dad and I were talking
My dad and I had spoken only a few words to each other over the weekend. Monday night we were able to be civil toward each other, even though words were kept at a minimum. Yesterday morning we got along great, and I think it is only because we had to. I was at home waiting for the TV repairman. Instead of calling the house, he called my dad's cell phone because the repairman said he was at our house, but wasn't. My dad was at work and the repairman said he was at our house, but he wasn't. I didn't see him at the gate. We managed to talk to each other and figure out the repairman was at our next door neighbor's house. It always happens... no big deal. Ran next door while on the phone with my dad, up around the neighbor's windy driveway to tell the man go next door. Done. When I got home from school my dad made a comment to me, which I didn't appreciate, mainly beacuse my car was in the driveway. He said "oh, I didn't know you were home, you're never home." EXCUSE ME? My car was in the driveway. I told my dad I was coming home after school, would be home at about 4:30 until about 5:00p.m., when I had to leave with my sister since I was taking her along to a baseball game at my school. My dad got home at 4:40 and I was home at 4:20. My car was in the driveway 20 minutes before he arrived. To not notice made me mad... he had to walk by my car to get in the house, so it is hard not to notice. He had to walk around both my mom's car and mine. He figured out my mom was home. I said something to the effect of "are you blind... shows how much you pay attention to me" I was being halfway serious. He said, "well, your sister is not home." I told him that had nothing to do with it, and that she was, I came home to get her to go to the game. I had to leave soon after this. I'm not sure if the comment about me not being home was meant to make me mad or not, but really I don't care- I just don't see how he could not notice. I got home from the baseball game at 10:00p.m. My school beat the other school 3-1, which is good considering they're ranked and we're not in baseball. When I got home from the game my dad and I had another argument. My dad and mom both asked me to vacuum the living room since the repairman was coming. To be able to vacuum I had to deal with my dad's 3 stacks on the floor next to where he sits on the couch. The room was not messy otherwise. My dad has this organization system (if you can call it that) where he stacks everything- books, CDs, bills, other random stuff into 2 or 3 piles. I can't stand it. It is downright annoying. I picked up all the bills my dad had in a stack next to the couch (when it gets tall enough, usually about 7-8 inches tall, my dad shreds the stuff), but it looked like a mess, and I threw the stack in my parent's bedroom on the bed. My dad was mad that I threw the stuff in his room. He was also mad that I messed the pile up. Um... there was no organization I could tell going on and I didn't want the stack to be there when the repairman came. I told my dad that it was a mess, I don't see why he doesn't shred something he doesn't want when it arrives, lilke a credit card offer. I also don't see why he isn't like a normal person who would get file folders and label them "utility bills" "credit card bills" "retirement stuff," "bank statements," then file it away in the desk in the living room or elsewhere, then go through it every so often and shred what isn't needed. It makes sense. It would take almost no time to sort that way. What is his problem? I just went off- raised my voice loud enough to make my point and told him how I hate his stacks, how I hate how his stack has to get so high before he'll take action and do something about it, how the stacks get messed up whenever someone walks by them and accidentally runs into them, how I hate that he isn't more on top of this stuff, how he is just lazy. Not that my words will spur any action, but it felt good to to get it out. I just can't stand mess, clutter, and stuff like that in the house when there is no reason for it. It takes a minute maybe to turn on the shredder, then sort the stuff? He can easily fix the problem. I am very organized and on top of everything, sure I realize not everyone is like me and can accept that, but I think my dad is just extremely lazy and that pisses me off. My aunt in Indiana jokes it is a family thing- her husband (my dad's cousin) is just like my dad in every way including the stack organizing. Maybe he is just not good at organizing, fine, but oh well. My dad has organized like this for years. It bothers my mom just like me and last night was just another time I told him what I thought. I figured it couldn't hurt anything now.
Posted by Mike at 7:55 AM 1 comments
Labels: family, My day

Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Since when did spam start using swear words?
I have 3 e-mails. The yahoo e-mails have great spam controls. Earthlink is my main e-mail and has a spam filter, but it sucks and catches only about 1/2 of the stuff, so I have to deal with spam... here's a spam message I got today that surprised me...Subject: "But in 1970, when Dr. Fucked You"In either case, it would be a serious disruption of the status quo,which terrifies the already spooked record companies.Skin testing had always been negative and she had simply learned to livewith the problem, controlling her symptoms with drugs. "It is true thatwith our early K6 processor, we had difficulty ramping one of oursteppers. For example, students who lived 400 meters from the freewayhad an 89 percent higher risk of asthma than students living 1,600meters away from the freeway. Many of the symptoms of hay fever aresimilar to those of the common cold.Elderly persons and those with cardiovascular disease, liver, or kidneyproblems should be careful, because too much licorice can cause sodiumretention, potassium excretion, and high blood pressure.Controller of the joint venture for CnBoo, (China's versionof YouTube). Online Video has made Youtube a Billion Dollar business.CnBoo is on the same road. I'm still left puzzled over whether the Dr.'s name is Dr. Fucked You or if the Dr. fucked me.
Posted by Mike at 8:01 AM 0 comments
Labels: Thoughts

Monday, April 23, 2007
My day through pictures
Got this idea this morning since I finally figured out how to synchronize my cell phone and computer to download ringtones/upload pictures.Left work and ran into these 2 jokers on the motorcycle. Further down the road one of them tried to pop a wheelie and fell off his bike onto the hard pavement. Not sure if he was ok or what. His friend didn't even stop.Went to school and looked at the belltower... realized I only had 4 more hours of school. Went to the library during my break. Doesn't the library look futuristic for the 1970s? Yes- the library has been used in a sci fi couple movies.Got my Spanish test back and this was the score (95/100, A)Took my sister to the dentist and she only had 3 cavities. I think that's a record low for her.Pondered why there needs to be an electrical outlet above one of the urinals in one of the bathrooms... stick 1 finger in the outlet and 1 in the urinal? Water and electricty don't seem to mix I don't think. I dunno...
Posted by Mike at 4:48 PM 1 comments
Labels: My day, School, Work

Sunday, April 22, 2007
Update on my weekend
Hey everyone, hope you guys had a great weekend!My dad is saying a few words here and there to me. It was pretty much a week and 2 days we went without talking because of my sister. He told me Saturday evening he was going shopping with my mom, then today we had a conversation about gas and how I'm not getting great mileage in my car, though I'm driving more. I've been doing 100 sit ups each night before I go to bed since last Tuesday. The only night I didn't was Friday. I guess/hopefully will see some results soon.I did yardwork and homework Saturday night. It would have been nice to know I was going to have the house to myself or I would have planned for other things. Today I got up, went to the grocery store with my dad, then went to Target. My mom and sister were out shopping and decided to go to Target. My sister called my cell to tell me she was in the parking lot and saw my car. That was cool... I didn't have to pay for what I was planning on buying.The Guy called and asked if I wanted to hang out at his house and watch a movie. I did, so I drove over to his condo. We watched Mean Girls and cuddled. Then we made out. That was it, but it was enjoyable. Then we went to get dinner/a late lunch at Bakers Square. We got takeout and I had my ATM card out with every intention of paying for both of us, but I walked over to put the menu away and then The Guy paid. I stepped in and insisted that the waitress take my ATM, but she didn't. That was nice and I thanked him, but I wasn't expecting it. We went back to his place and hung out for a little longer. He had some schoolwork to do and I had to go too.This is the 4th time I've hung out with The Guy. I've seen him 4 times in 2 weeks. I enjoy him and we're talking a lot more. I think it's that we feel comfortable with each other. I am purposely not letting myself fall for him. I don't know how I'd go about hiding a relationship/friendship from my parents, especially when we're 40 miles away, so driving 80 miles roundtrip to see him and being gone for certain extended periods of time (the evenings specifically) would be hard. I have been going out a lot more in the past 2 weeks, I wonder if my parents notice/suspect anything. I always tell my parents I'm going out with friends etc, then name the friends and where I'm going (which has been a lie each time), but I just have to wonder. I don't like hiding and lying to my parents. I am just thinking about the future and how I'm going to hide this from my parents. I don't think I'd lie and say I have a girlfriend because eventually I'd have to introduce them and don't want to use a girl for that. I could say I met someone from my college who lives over in the city The Guy does, but if I were constantly saying that, I'm sure they'd suspect something. What to do? If this were to be just a friendship I'd be happy, but we're 40 miles away making it kind of hard. I enjoy seeing him, talking to him, but also the extras... making out... etc. His friendship has made me feel a lot better/happier this quarter at school since I have something to look forward to. We are so different that it keeps things interesting. I just see myself wanting him more and more, wanting to talk to him more and more, be with him because of the void that I've felt where I don't have any guy to hang out with, so having him has been nice. I think he is in to me also... or at least I'd assume that's why we're seeing each other/talking constantly. I would be content meeting say one day a week for dinner or more. I guess I also am making sure not to lose this friendship, but also try to see him as much as I can, hide this from my parents... ugh this is hard. My 2nd cousin and her boyfriend invited me to see Disturbia with them. I did. I did not like the movie. It just wasn't something I'd watch in the first place, but also I thought it was very predictable. I try when I go to the movies to not think or predict or analyze everything, but this one was boring or something, so I found myself doing that. Afterward my cousin and boyfriend asked if I wanted dinner. I said no, I had just ate before the movie. They were hungry and I did go along. We had Chilis and it was not good. I had a cheeseburger, but wish I had just ordered a smoothie or appetizer. Either would probably have had more flavor. I was not hungry in the first place, especially not at 8:40p.m. I got home a few minutes ago at 10 and am about to crash, but wanted to flush this out and get some thoughts straight.
Posted by Mike at 10:14 PM 0 comments
Labels: Guys, My day

Songs you swear you've heard before
Do you ever hear a new song on the radio and swear that you've heard the song before even though it wasn't new? I had that happen today with Carrie Underwood (who I can't stand). I listened to her new song "Wasted" the whole way through and I couldn't help but think I'd heard it before, either the song sang by someone else, or a different song with a very similar sound, but years ago, but it sounded so familiar. Like some early 90s country song, I just can't put a name or title to, perhaps something Trisha Yearwood or Mary Chapin Carpenter sang.I had this happen the other day with the new song "Cupid's Chokehold," by the Gym Class Heroes, but I was able to put my thumb on why that song sounded familiar, which I usually can't do when I hear a song that sounds like an older one. It reminded me a lot of a song by the Killers or even Fall Out Boy because of the instruments used- NOT THE SINGING. Maybe it is artists trying to mimic a certain style or artist, but it drives me crazy when I swear I've heard the song before. These are the only 2 examples I can think of. I don't think it is like a singer who remakes another artist's songs- I searched "Wasted" on itunes and that is a brand new song that has never been remade. I'm not talking about artists whose songs sound the same- The Police, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, or a group whose songs all sound the same. I also not talking about remakes of songs. Kenny Chesney and Montgomery Gentry's versions of "Some People Change" sound totally different. Chris Ledoux's "Life is a Highway" and Rascal Flatts versions sound completely different. The same goes for Dolly Parton and Whitney Houston's version of "I Will Always Love You," both of those can't be confused. They just can't. This example is coming to my mind right now, but both of VanZant's songs "Help Somebody" and "Nobody Gonna Tell Me What to Do" sound a lot alike to wear you almost might think you heard them before or get them both confused because the guitar playing sounds somewhat alike, but I don't know. Am I the only one who would swear sometimes before you heard a brand new song out that sounds a lot like another one?
Posted by Mike at 12:58 PM 4 comments
Labels: Music, Thoughts

Saturday, April 21, 2007
A late night trip
About 9:00p.m. last night I suddenly became very popular. Loud Mouth Coworker called 3 times, then The Guy called. It helped my cell phone was in the living room, so when it rang my dad saw the caller ID and told me Loud Mouth was on the phone, so that helped me make an excuse. The excuse was Loud Mouth invited me to a big game arcade at the mall about 30 miles away. The Guy and I met at 10.We stood around talking about random stuff like not seeing each other for so long, what we've been up to, stuff like that. Then The Guy wanted to shower, so we both hopped in.The guy had lots of candles going in each room. We made our way to his bed and laid down, hugged, kissed, made out. Then there was other stuff like j/o and oral. I don't know if I've said it before, but this guy has the greatest smile, just thought I'd throw that in. It is a major turn on. The guy warned me at 11:30 his brother's girlfriend was going to be coming to spend the night, but just act normal. She came in, wanted to shower immediately, so we let her, then I drove to the gas station so he could get bottled water. There were a few kisses exchanged here and there along the way. We talked about music and he is a huge country fan also, so I am thinking of asking to see if he wants to go to that concert I said I wasn't going to mention again on here. We're also going to exchange CDs when we meet next time.Got back to his place and he showed me his CD library (which is all on his AppleTV deal). We both like Brooks & Dunn, The Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill, The Hollies, Lorrie Morgan, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Roy Orbison, Sara Evans, Snow Patrol, and the Spring Awakening Soundtrack to name a few. That was cool to see how we both like the same stuff. There was some kissing in between there. Then at 12:30 I had to leave since I told my parents I'd be gone until 1:00a.m. or so. The Guy did invite me to spend the night, but I didn't tell my parents that, plus there would have probably been some eyebrows raised if I said I was spending the night with Loud Mouth (they may think we're actually going out, despite the fact I've said she has a boyfriend before... heh.)
Posted by Mike at 9:36 AM 1 comments
Labels: Guys, My day, Sex and religion

No comments: