Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Reading for the plane...

Since I'm leaving for MS next week, I'm planning to raid Borders tommorow night for reading material. I already bought The Velvet Rage as recommended by Creative Thinker. I am not a reader to begin with- after reading all the time in school, reading is the last thing I want to do. I know however, that since I'm going to be on a plane and with people I don't know, plus a lot of time to do nothing on the plane I might as well read. Plus I have a couple long layovers. So I want 2-3 books I can read and a couple alternates if one is not engaging enough for me or I finish one and I run out of things to do. I typically like biographies, so The Confession sounds good about the former governor of NJ. But I am not wanting to pick up a ton of books on the subject of sexuality and then risk having someone like my friend or anyone in my family see them. I plan to keep the books in my carryon bag and not advertise them, but you know, paranoia. Also don't want a bunch of books sitting around I haven't read or won't read. So I just did a quick search on Amazon and came up with a couple books I might check out. Has anyone read one on sexuality that was really enticing? I don't know why I'm interested in reading about this suddenly, but why not? Here are a couple things I'm thinking about... Coming Out of Shame and Coming Out Everyday. Any thoughts? Any good reads about sexuality/coming out worth checking out?

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Two great books about coming out and dealing with your homosexuality are "Becoming A Man: Half a Life Story" by Paul Monette and "The Best Little Boy in the World" by Andrew Tobias (John Reid). Andy Tobias has written several financial books and is the Treasurer for the Democratic National Committee. Two very good reads.

Bruce