Tuesday, July 10, 2007

June 21-July 1

Sunday, July 1, 2007
Going to Mississippi and going to be up to no good
Yes... finally... after years of telling my best friend I'd come and visit him it is finally happening.Bought my ticket on Expressjet tonight. That was an experience. I don't know if it was me not paying attention or what, but I booked the wrong flight. I bought the ticket, then realized my mistake. I got on the phone and within 30 seconds was connected with someone at Expressjet who was able to help me and book the flight I needed. She said since the tickets were the same price it was no big deal and then in about another 30 seconds had an updated e-mail itenerary.Still not sure if I can meet up with my cousins in OKC, but I can hope. I've done everything I can to let them know... and everything I can schedule-wise to make this work. I have about a 6 hour layover coming back so we could meet up and go out to eat or something (hopefully at Braums... they always rave how good it is, yet when I've been back there there has never been time). I am trying to not get my hopes up because I know both are busy and chances are things will not go my way. I haven't seen my oldest cousin in OKC (and her kids) in 8 years and the younger cousin in about 2 years.As far as going to Mississippi I'm excited to see my friend and his family. Haven't seen them in 2 years. I'm excited at the possibility of going to Vicksburg and New Orleans. My friend is also going to teach me to drive a stick shift. Yay!So now I'm good to go!!! YAY!!!
Posted by Mike at 10:02 PM 2 comments
Labels: My day, Vacation

Perceptions on Californians
I was talking to my cousin in Oklahoma the other day saying how much she loves my mom. She was saying how my mom is pretty much the ultimate California parent. She said that when she was out here visiting about 2 years ago that my mom went out of her way to be nice to her, took her out shopping, and was just her friendly self in general. I asked if she thought it was just us being friendly Californians, if this was just my mom, or what. She said it was both my mom and this is how ALL parents in California are characterized. She went on and on about how in California everyone is seen as so progressive, carefree, spoiled, sun, the beach, so friendly, and so different from everyone else in the United States.Now, coming from California and never living anywhere I can only say that I've heard that everyone thinks California is soooo different. But I am just wondering I guess on perceptions of parenting/Californians/whatever related to California and the California attitude... feel free to jump in and share your thoughts. When people say CALIFORNIA, what comes to mind and what do people say?
Posted by Mike at 10:58 AM 2 comments
Labels: family, Thoughts

Friday, June 29, 2007
Mom's friend and my mom defending me... heh
The other day I helped my mom pack away her classroom at school. We went out to lunch with a teacher at my mom's school- my mom's best friend. Anyways, we had some interesting conversations I thought I'd share...The lady has a son who looks a lot like me (height, weight, hair etc), is the same age, has many of the same interests, and is overall a cool guy. He goes to a private Catholic college in Nor Cal. This lady is just about the sweetest person you'll ever meet, yet is SOOOOOOO overprotective of her son and I think this is a big part of the reason my mom is soooooo overprotective of me... this lady has like rubbed off onto my mom. This lady calls him twice a day- when he wakes up and when he goes to bed. If he doesn't answer, she'll call campus security to find him. I wonder how her son can do anything on his own and what he can/can't do, has, and hasn't done. This lady is a control freak though and has to be running her life and making sure everyone else is running theirs correctly. Really though, I think this is why my mom is sooooo overprotective of me. It wasn't until her son went away to college that my mom began worrying about me. I mean when I was 18 if I said I was going to be gone for 4 or 5 hours, my parents said ok when I was in high school. Then college came around and the lady's son was in college and away from everything. The lady was constantly telling my mom how she was making sure her son wasn't out drinking, how she calls her son soooooo much, how she does this for him, how he did this, etc. That's when my mom started caring and keeping tabs on me and my mom suddenly cared where I was going.I love this lady- DO NOT GET ME WRONG. She is just as sweet as can be, loves her students, loves everyone, cannot say a bad thing about anyone, is soooo eloquent in her word choice, good Catholic woman, and just a really great all around lady. Anyways, at lunch we were talking about how I've gone on trips this year like up to Santa Barbara and saw the ex g/f. When the lady heard about this she looked at me and her eyes lit up. She said to my mom, "You really let him go?" My mom said yes, there were 2 males there, so nothing would happen. This lady then asked if my mom was worried about me making it to SB safe, if she was worried I would drink, if I would get into bed with someone, etc. Just the whole 20 questions deal. My mom said yes to all the above, but knew that I had a good head on my head and that my dad basically said that she had to let me go. The lady then said she couldn't believe my mom would not go and supervise. MY GOD. I was shocked there and I point this out because right now when it is getting to the point I can do what I want, this lady had to come back and say all this stuff. Anyways, she went on about how it is bad that 2 males and a female are alone in a room before marriage and whatnot. That kept hitting on the religion part and I wasn't comfortable with that... mainly because it is probably putting ideas into my mom's head about me doing things like "staying the night" at friend's houses.Anyways, then we talked about how I spent last weekend helping a friend set up their entertainment center (The Guy). The lady kept looking and then saying back and forth to my mom, "you were ok with him being gone?" Then the lady asked it was just me and another male friend? I said yes. Then the lady asked if we took a shower, if we got dressed or undressed in front of each other, if we slept in the same room, etc. I SAID NOOOOOO to all of the above and said that the friend was just a real good friend from middle school and we have hung out quite a bit this quarter. Then my mom said to the lady that she wasn't ok that my mom had let me go when it was 1 female and 2 males there (Santa Barbara) and surely there was no problem with 2 guy friends helping each other out because it was guys and a girl was not involved... and afterall I'm not gay. It was also just a well, I'm glad you helped me with this, I'm tired, let's crash... not a let's get into bed type deal. Then the lady said, well, that's refreshing, but I spent the night at a guy's house. Then she went on about how 2 males being alone can be such a bad thing because we're in the "get it on stage" and there was definitely a third guy needed so the "get it on couldn't happen". My mom said nothing sexual was going on and if there were 3 guys, it would be an all out orgy, which would be worse. After my mom said this, the lady's mouth dropped and she said my mom's name and she said, "I can't believe you just used that word or would even suggest your son would do that, and with guys." My mom just responded that it is not a bad word, but she knows I wouldn't do that... plus the orgy could have happened with 2 guys and 1 girl like when I went to Santa Barbara... heh...That conversation was sooooooo unexpected and the lady apologized for being so inquisitve, but was doing the whole concerned mother type deal because to her I'm like a son (and she spoils me like I am, I might add). She said she just wants me to be safe and she felt these situations were kind of risky, so she wanted to hear for herself that I was ok.Also, on the way home I told my mom NOT TO WORRY about anything like the SB trip, or me spending the night at a friend's house last weekend. I would never consider anything sexual with friends. I pointed out how that was disgusting since I can't see my friends as sex partners. I know the Bible says to wait until marriage, etc. so she doesn't have to worry. I also pointed out that the friend I saw last weekend had a girlfriend and so he was surely straight, that all my friends are straight, and that there is nothing to worry about. My mom agreed. WHEW!!! Let's hope my mom doesn't revert to being soooo overprotective like she was a few months back.Oh... and by the way... lunch was GREAT. This lady is one who will order an appetizer, an entree, then dessert. She is all about sitting down, talking, enjoying everything. The lady had a cheeseburger and substituted the fries for watermelon, my mom had a steak with a baked potato and fruit, and I ordered the salad bar, shrimp, and a steak. Then we had dessert- the lady insisted all 3 of us get different things. I ordered carrot cake, my mom got lemon cake, and the lady got chocolate cake. This lady- every time my mom goes out to lunch with her has this idea you have to share food and so you order something you plan to eat, then something you don't. The lady passed me half of her cheeseburger and her and my mom ate the stuff from my salad bar plate (tacos, macaroni salad, soup, and something else). My mom gave us each half of her baked potato. That is just how this woman does it and it is soooo good and fun, plus you get to try something different. It makes the dining experience unique. For dessert we made a mess trying to split it so we each got 1/3 of each of the cake slices. It was tooooooooo fun!!! I love going to lunch with my mom and this lady. And the lemon cake... OMG... a lemon truffle on top... cream cheese icing layers in between... really soft lemon cake in between.... soooo good!!!
Posted by Mike at 8:35 PM 4 comments
Labels: family, Guys, My day, Sex and religion, Thoughts

Thursday, June 28, 2007
... SEX and electronics and stuff
The Guy called me about 5:10 tonight asking if I wanted to hang out and I said yes. He said nothing sexual could go on since a friend was coming by to do something for him. That was fine.So I get to his house in 1 hour. I ran into a 4 car accident on the 15, a 5 car accident on the 10, and then 2 planters that were on fire probably because someone through a cigarette out of a car and started the fire. The smoke smell REALLY filled my car.Anyways, got to his place and then we talked about the other day and his amp catching fire. Someone from the company is coming to inspect, says there have been no problems, but will give him a refund. He doesn't know why the thing caught fire, but he plugged it in later after I left and it caught fire again. We talked about how I drink a lot as I eat, whereas he doesn't drink while he eats, then drinks at the end... little random things like that.So we sat around talking about the iPhone, amps, subwoofers, stuff like that. The Guy has a $1,500 DVD player but wants to buy a $2,000 DVD player and so we sat at the computer in the office and looked at those. What does he need those for? What do those do that a $100 DVD player can't do? Maybe I'm ignorant... anyways...So we talked about what great friends we've become and stuff like that, which was cool and reassuring. We like a lot of the same movies and music, so we decided we need to have a day where we just exchange music and movies off of each other and upload them onto our computers.Then he said that since his friend still hadn't arrived, we should have a little fun and then we could have more after the friend left. So he was fondling my dick in my pants and then I made the move and went down and sucked him. We were watching some sci-fi series while this went on.Then The Guy called the friend and his friend's parents house was robbed, so wasn't coming. So then the choice was to have sex or go to Target. I still have the hardest time responding... the thought I'm having sex... hah. The choice was obvious though.We went to the bedroom and sucked each other, then teased each other with lube and were grinding on each other. Then we made out. It was pretty hot and we were sweaty afterward. I couldn't believe I started sweating- I don't sweat easily. So since this was quite a workout, we had to shower.Went to the shower and The Guy apparently had lipozap done on Tuesday and so he was showing me how swolen he was... his love handles and whatnot. Then he showed me what he'll look like after the lipozap and stuff like that.Then we went to Target and got yogurt, water, stuff like that. We talked about the $2,000 mountain bike The Guy bought today and the college class I'm taking right now in Target.Then we went back to his place, put everything away, called it a night. It was about 9:50 when I left and I made it home by 10:30.Oh, and The Guy is going to go line up for his iPhone tommorow after he gets off work.
Posted by Mike at 11:12 PM 1 comments
Labels: Guys, My day, Sex and religion, Thoughts

Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Moppy kept me up all night
Last night I went to bed at 10:30. I laid in bed for about 45 minutes, which is not unusual. About 11:15 Moppy next door started barking. He barked for 2 minutes, which warranted me going outside to shut him up. I go outside and shine my light around and he is nowhere to be found. I find all of the dogs next door except for Moppy. I go back inside and I hear Moppy barking again. I go outside the opposite direction and still can't find him. I finally give up, go inside, turn on the air filter in my room since that is loud enough to drown him out, but also it has a hum, so it is not disturbing like the ceiling fan in my room, which is too loud to have on when I sleep.About 2:15 my dad comes in my room and says something to the effect of the dog next door is barking. Being that it was 2:15a.m., I was not happy to be awaken. I told him that's nice and rolled over to go back to bed. Then he asks what to do. I am angry by this time and say "go outside and yell at him." My dad goes outside and tries to yell at the dog, but can't find it. 25 minutes last he comes back to me and tells me the dog is barking. I ask what he wants me to do. So finally I get up and go outside with a flashlight, look for the dog, can't find it, find the other dog and cause him to bark, then I throw a rock at the neighbors house just to get their attention. I turn out my flashlight and wait... they come outside and start yelling at the dogs. Problem solved. I go back in and lay in bed for about 50 minutes before falling back to bed. My dad was jealous at my skill.I was seriously mad though, I have been sleeping so well lately. For those of you who don't know I have the hardest time getting to sleep and staying asleep. I sleep very lightly and any loud or sudden sound will wake me up. It may take me an hour or longer because I have so many things running through my mind. Anyways, once I'm asleep lately, NOTHING wakes me up until the alarm sounds or my internal clock tells me it is about 6:30a.m. I have been sleeping through the entire night. It is sooooooooooo refreshing! I hope this keeps up.
Posted by Mike at 7:52 PM 2 comments
Labels: family, My day, Neighbors

Tuesday, June 26, 2007
I thought this was supposed to be summer
Summer to me means being free- no summer schoolSo who signed up to take political anthropology last night? Me... I need to take at least 1 class this summer, then 16 units in the following quarters, then 2-3 classes next summer to be able to graduate next summer. Next summer though, I will focus more on school. Right now though, I feel I really need a break... hence 1 class. Oh well... it only meets 2 days a week, there is some reading, then a response journal do every Tuesday... can we say busy work? I'll just tough it up and get through it. I've made up my mind I'm just going to do the minimal required.Then I had to call my aunt who I don't like in the first place to ask her about internet classes and stuff. I'm taking linguistics in the fall online from a college up north... probably the one she works at.I also had to get approval to take that class, which I still haven't got since the department head was gone today. Doesn't surprise me.Well... it is summer... it was 95 today. Been on the phone with my aunt in Oklahoma a lot lately and she said its been raining there going on 2 weeks. I can't imagine that since that never happens in California, but also because it is summer.Also, since it is summer I'm going to go somewhere... so I'm buying my tickets to go to Mississippi to see my best friend. Leaving July 31 and coming back August 6. Then I'll have about a 5 hour stopover in OKC both going and coming back. Seeing all my relatives won't work out, which I'm pretty bumbed about, but I'll survive I guess.
Posted by Mike at 4:30 PM 2 comments
Labels: My day, Rants, School, Thoughts

Monday, June 25, 2007
200th Post
swiped this from my cousin's blog...10 random things about you1. I am 20 and now a senior in college2. I will probably be 21 when I graduate from college.3. I hate my voice. Everyone says I sound like the lead singer of Rascal Flatts4. I am often told I look like Frankie Muniz5. I love trying new foods6. I hate hot weather (over 80), yet I live in Southern California and it is 98 today.7. I hate my college/my college experience so far.8. I am a white boy, but I am a Spanish minor. I have taken so much Spanish though, that I tend to give the Spanish pronunciation of everything (Meheeco not Mexico, Tejas not Texas, Puerto Rico not Porto Rico and the same holds true in names like Carrillo I say Carreeyo). People who are not Mexican and people who are Mexican look at me surprised when I do this, but it is a habit I've picked up. In normal conversation when i'm talking with white people it comes off tacky, I will admit, but its a habit as I said. I probably sound like Laura Diaz or Leeenda Alvarez on KCBS 2 who tend to hispanicize a lot of words that don't need to be.9. I have never been drunk.10. I have worn retainers for nearly 7 years.10 favorite foods1. Rib eye steak2. hashed browns3. spaghetti (only homemade and only my mom's spaghetti)4. tacos and cheese enchiladas5. chocolate chip cookies6. artichoke chicken7. good soup8. manicotti9. my mom's homemade pizza10. cheesecake10 wants1. a new car2. to graduate quickly3. to get a raise at work/get a higher paying job4. meet more guys in the area5. to continue working out at the gym and get a better looking chest6. to become closer to friends7. to hang out with my coworkers more8. a better voice9. for our house to be done NOW10. to be less shy10 things you must have1. socks- I get cold easily2. money3. gas for the car4. a car5. my computer6. friends7. food8. dental floss9. family10. security10 things you've done this year you didn't think you would1. experiment more with guys2. met more guys/met The Guy3. drank more alcoholic beverages this year than in all my previous years4. went to a house party with my cousin5. passed my sports journalism class (there must have been quite a curve)6. stood up to a lot of people like the principal where I work, which I didn't think I'd do7. made the Dean's list Winter quarter8. gone out 3-4 nights a week this past quarter9. made soooooooo many excuses to get out of the house10. took a stand that I will not take my sister to school anymore10 things you are scared of1. birds2. losing people I am close to3. rejection4. failure5. outing myself6. the unknown7. the future8. change9. the dentist10. bad stuff10 dislikes1. laziness2. my sister3. really spicy food4. Carls Jr/Green Burrito5. liars6. school7. stupid people/uneducated people8. closed-minded people9. cereal10. Harry Potter10 things you want to do in the next year or two1. have a relationship with someone2. graduate college3. buy a new car4. travel more out of California5. get a raise/higher paying job6. break into the journalism field7. substitute teach8. be less shy9. come out? (no clue... just throwing it out... I'm confused here)10. win the lotto10 places you want to go before you die1. Egypt- to see the pyramids2. Spain- to speak Spanish and for the food3. Seattle4. Niagara Falls5. Death Valley (in the winter)6. the east coast7. more of the midwest8. small towns where everyone knows each other9. Boston10. Atlanta Georgia10 hot celebrities1. Reese Witherspoon2. Nick Lachey3. Jake Gyllenhaal4. Ben Affleck5. Jennifer Aniston6. Matthew Perry7. Andy Roddick8. Mark Hoppus (Blink 182)9. Faith Hill10. Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland
Posted by Mike at 5:50 PM 3 comments
Labels: Random

Saturday, June 23, 2007
Weekend with The Guy
The guy text messaged me (because I had it turned on last night after getting a text from the guy I met at Nordstroms last Saturday) about 11 this morning inviting me over to his house. He told me to bring my sister's new MacBook and he'd install Microsoft Word on it etc. Got to his place and we talked and then finally got down to business installing the stuff. Then he configured and showed me some really cool stuff that you can do on the computer. I am impressed.He got the mail as we were leaving and he got online to pay his cable bill. Apparently his sister pays for that? I think though, from what I've gathered that his parents are paying for him to go get his master's degree and most of anything he may need. Then his brother and sister pay for things like his phone and cable etc. It comes off to me that his parents/siblings want him to be happy and whatnot and so they support him. He just works (from what I gather) to buy all the electronics and whatnot he is buying. I want my parents to do that for me when I'm 32.Then we went to Best Buy and he talked about buying a BlueRay DVD player. Instead he just got some CDs. We went to YumYum Donuts to get lunch- we were going to get their sandwiches, but they didn't have any that appealed to us. We went to CVS for bread and then made sandwiches back at his house. Made some turkey sandwiches with mayo and cheese.Then we retreated to the couch and he showed me the iPhone preview on how to use it. Then we hugged and I took off. He wanted to take a nap before going out with friends for the evening.I came home in the meantime, had dinner, then my dad, mom, and I went to the gym. As we were coming home The Guy called and I answered. He wanted to know if I'd go to Best Buy with him to help him get an entertainment center we saw when we were there earlier. I said yes.We spent 2 hours at Best Buy from 8-10p.m. trying to track down the nearest store that had it. It was $1,400!!! I wouldn't have paid more than $200. It looked that cheap, but that was me, and I gave him my opinion. Anyways, after we went back to his place and we watched TV and then he asked if I wanted to spend the night. I was talking to him when he was drunk on Friday night (hah) and he was able to remember I was telling him our A/C at home went out and my room was 90 degrees at 10p.m. He felt sorry, so invited me to spend the night in the nice cool air at his house last night.Called my dad and told him I was spending the night at a friend's house and he said ok. We retreated to the bedroom and made out, sucked each other off, then grinded up against each other while making out. He was licking my ears, which REALLY turns me on. We laid in bed for a while, then decided to watch "Saved," that movie was TOOO funny!!! Then I went to the liquor store for cooler ranch Doritos (and nasal spray since I didn't know I was staying the night and I didn't want to snore all night and I was in my dad's car, so my spray wasn't in his car). Anyways, got back and we finished watching the movie. Then we hugged, kissed, said goodnight.I was kind of thinking we'd lay close together, but NO... the guy doesn't even sleep all the way on the bed. He pulled the pillow down to about the middle of the bed and then let his feet hang over the edge. He laid down there with the dog (he has a BIG dog). Then I was on the other side of the dog. His dog is always moving and last night was NO exception. He laid on the bed the whole night, but it seemed like he was kicking me every few minutes. There was almost no room for The Guy and I at various points because of the dog and The Guy has a king size bed. The Guy on top of that snored really loudly most of the night. We went to bed about 1 and woke up at 10. I was actually up probably at 8:30 because the light was shining in, but just laid until The Guy woke up.We got up, had cereal, then watched "Chronicles of Riddick." We went to Best Buy afterward and picked up the entertainment console he bought for his living room. We spent 3 hours setting it up. Then we had to take some time to make out. Then we were back at it putting his $25,000 entertainment center together. He is going to buy a 70'', $10,000 TV in September. My gosh. He has a 60'' TV right now. Anyways, it was another 2-3 hours on that. Then we had Pizza Hut delivered. Then we made out some more. Then we went to the bedroom and switched the entertainment center there with what was in the living room. When we were in his bedroom turning on his amp it suddenly caught on fire and we both blew it out. It was pretty funny, yet tragic. He was pissed off and we were both shook up. It could have easily caught other things on fire. Went back to the couch and made out more. We spent a lot of time talking about little things today, which was nice.
Posted by Mike at 5:55 PM 2 comments
Labels: Guys, My day

Friday, June 22, 2007
A confession: The California stop/roll
I admit. I am guilty of it. Apparently I have got a lot worse. I am a good driver, don't get me wrong, but I hate stopping at stop signs, so I have succumed to the California roll.In California, there is a thing called the California stop/roll. You don't actually stop at a stop sign, you just slow and roll through it if nobody is coming. It's just one of those things... not everyone does it... but there are a lot who do.On Tuesday night I was out with my sister. We were driving the way I go to school. There are 14 stop signs on that street and roughly 1 every 1/2 mile. Is that not an insane amount? Can you see why I get tired of accelerating only to slow down, come to a complete stop? My poor brakes.Well, driving with my sister on Tuesday night she was laughing after I went through the stop signs. I asked why, and she said that she was going to tell dad I don't stop completely at stop signs. I just roll through them. It is becoming a bad habit I realized. I denied to my sister and dad that I don't stop, but it is true. The streets I'm driving aren't that crowded and there is rarely someone there, so I just slow down, look both ways, and roll and that habit is becoming applicable to all signs I go through. That's how I'm rolling lately. But I need to stop, I admit. It could be dangerous and one time there may be someone I didn't see just because I glanced.My dad just said he has been in the car with me and noticed it too and got more of a kick out of what my sister had to say than anything. My dad just told me to watch out since he won't pay for my ticket if I get caught doing a California stop.I have made an extra effort in the past few days to stop at ALL stop signs whether it be in a residential area, not so populated area, or busy urban area. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, right?
Posted by Mike at 1:07 PM 2 comments
Labels: Random, Sister, Thoughts

Thursday, June 21, 2007
My sis graduated
Met my cousin at 3p.m. (a full 2 hours before the graduation started). We got great parking actually in the school parking lot. There were about 20 people ahead of us in line for graduation. We waited 45 minutes until the gates opened. We stood around talking about school. I told her about school and how I'm graduating hopefully next summer. My cousin has been in college since summer of 2002 and changed majors sooooooooooo many times she still hasn't graduated and will finally graduate next spring. On the other hand, I graduated in spring 2005 from high school and I will hopefully graduate by summer 2008 from college WITH A MINOR IN SPANISH, just a quarter after my cousin who will just graduate with a degree in theater arts. Sad??? Yes. Is she jealous of me? Yes.Gates opened at 3:45 and we got front row seats in the bleachers, which were about 50 feet from the football field. It kind of sucks because you're so far away from the graduates and the sun was in our faces the whole time. Not sure how the camera photos came out. It was about 95 out and the hot sun was in our faces. My parents and sister were running late and made it at 4:10. My aunt and uncle were also running late- they were coming from LA from a meeting and made it at 5:15. They stood the entire graduation even though we saved seats for them (shame on us...heh). The bleachers were COMPLETELY full. I hate the whole ticket system. I don't have a lot of close family, but it causes problems for those who do since you can only have 8 people go. They really need to have the graduation at the community college like the other high schools who have less students.Anyways, the graduation was nice. They read the names really fast to speed everyone through. The graduation started at 5 and ended at 6:21. It was hard to get any good photos of my sister or anyone for that matter since you're rushing across the stage, but was also so far away. The principal who I have blogged about many times before made an ass of himself to say the least with just about the worst speech I've ever heard. He was talking about jellybeans in life and it was a whole mishmash of quotes about success... didn't make tons of sense.Afterward, we all took pictures with my sister and her friends. Then we took photos with all the family. My sister looked so mature in the photos. I can't believe she graduated.We went to TGI Fridays since that is one of the few places my sister will eat. A lot of students from the graduation followed. We got there before them, though and were seated immediately. We talked for 2 hours and ate. The food was good and the conversation was great. We talked about family, my grandma, my uncle's house he is building, our house, and stuff like that. My cousin and I sat next to each other, so we were able to have conversations of our own. It was nice to catch up with her. My cousin broke up with her boyfriend of 2 1/2 years, 2 weeks ago, so she wants to hang out with me more and go clubbing and stuff like that. Is she not the coolest cousin? I don't know many other cousins who go clubbing and stuff with their cousins. She is 23 and I'm 20.
Posted by Mike at 9:50 AM 1 comments
Labels: family, My day, Thoughts

8 things about me... TAG
The Rules: List 8 things about yourself. At the end of the post, tag and link to 8 other people. Leave a comment at those sites, letting them know they’ve been tagged, and asking them to come read the post so they know what to do.1. I have a hard time forgiving. A lot of this stems from my aunt and all the problems she has caused in my life. I don't forgive her for anything she has done to my mom, grandma, or me. I know it has caused me to be a lot more critical of people. I know it is un-Christian to not forgive, but I can't do it. I don't think time will heal the scars either. But once someone makes me mad (which takes a lot) I do have a hard time forgiving.2. I am good at listening.3. I have a hard time parting with money... my check register says otherwise this month, though.4. I have no problem being around my coworkers and pointing out flaws in what other girls are wearing. They do it to guys and I have to listen to it; so I do it to girls. They say "that guy really needs to pull his pants up," and I'll say like "that girl would look better if she weren't wearing a sports bra." Suddenly that makes me an expert on women's fashion and they have to ask me questions about their outfit and if their bra works for them, or if the jeans they're wearing look good. I don't know anything about women's fashion... I know what I like and doesn't look good, but that is the extent of my fashion knowledge.5. I am wearing boxers a lot less now and boxer briefs more often.6. I have no athetic ability whatsoever.7. My grandma taught me when I was little insects and bugs are icky and need to be killed. Now, I guess I'm catching up on that part of my childhood I was deprived. Now, when I see something like an ant crawling randomly, a fly, a spider, or something I stop and look at it, may play or aggravate it, then kill it. Is that wrong?8. I sing in the car- unless you ask me not to, I will. That's how my coworkers know "I'm bringing sexy back." A lot of the reason I sing is to embarrass them. I learn the pop songs they love, then sing them because I think I can do a better job.
Posted by Mike at 8:22 AM 1 comments
Labels: Random

No comments: