Monday, July 9, 2007

Februar 11-20 blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Personal trainer
I have my first personal training session at the gym tonight from 7-8... hopefully it goes well!
Posted by Mike at 6:03 PM 0 comments

Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Yeseterday was songs I hate...
To be fair here are some songs/artists I'm really liking right now:The Police (too bad their reunion concert is not going to L.A.)Snow Patrol- I am digging the songs "Chasing Cars," "Chocolate," "Run," and "Hands Open". I'm sad their 3 concerts in my area (L.A., Hollywood, and San Diego are sold out, and I just found out about them...)

Sugarland- "Settlin" --- I love the video, love the song, it has tons of energy, and Jennifer is sooo hot!!! KFROG doesn't play this enough...

Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons--- ANY OF THEIR SONGS... they're all sooo good... amazing voices... I've seen Frankie Valli in concert 3 times. They're getting me in the mood since I want to go see Jersey Boys so bad when it comes to L.A. in May. I actually have 2 friends who want to go too.

U2, Blink-182, Green Day, Jason Michael Carroll, Kenny Chesney, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Tim McGraw (although he may go up in the annoying category if I hear "Last Dollar" much more), Faith Hill, Jimmy Eat World, and more...
Posted by Mike at 5:40 PM 0 comments

I got pulled over today
I went to my dad's school today to speak to the kids in the program that I tutor for. It's just a different school, but same program. I told them about myself, why I'm in the program, why it helps you, stuff like that. It was cool. I spoke to the 3 freshmen classes. They were all very interested to hear me and what I had to say. They also had GREAT questions about college, high school, and stuff like that. I was VERY impressed.The big news though, which my dad has been making fun of me for all day was that I got pulled over today. I went to get lunch at Jack in the Box since I despise cafeteria food. On the way back I drove right through a stop sign in front of my dad's school. I had NO clue it was there. It was right in front of the school, it wasn't painted on the street stop. The only signs showing it was a stop sign was there was a white line on the street like someone tried to paint a crosswalk, but failed. I did not see a stop sign.As I am turning into the parking lot I see there is a cop car following me with its lights on. I pull into the parking lot at the side, then the officer gets right out, comes over to me and asks me what happened. I was getting nervous and my heart was racing, especially when I saw he was coming up to me. I asked him what he was talking about. He said I ran through a stop sign and pointed to it. The stop sign was about 15 feet to the right of the street. It was on the curb over almost hidden by a tree. Unless you were knew about it, you could miss it easily. I had no clue. I didn't see it AT ALL, plus there were a lot of cars parked out on the street further obscuring it.I told the officer I'm so sorry, I had no clue since I am not from this area. I was there at my dad's school to be a guest speaker. I said that I was so sorry, I have never got a ticket before. He laughed and said that's what everyone says. He asked to see my ID, looked at it, then gave it back. He asked who my dad was, I told him, then he said he works with my dad because of the types of kids my dad deals with. He was a sheriff officer, but works at the school. He was a real cool guy, he asked what I was speaking for, I told him, he said something to the effect of "you're not a trouble maker it sounds... I think you didn't run the stop sign intentionally" and let me go.I made the mistake of telling my dad that and he made fun of me. Then on the way home tonight that was all he talked about. He was also making fun of my skills for getting out of a ticket.I pride myself on my driving record... 4 years of driving- no tickets and no accidents. I wonder how I've managed to avoid speeding tickets though, I'm not a maniac like most... I tend to go with the flow/can keep up with traffic, but that one is beyond me... it seems like everyone gets those...
Posted by Mike at 4:10 PM 0 comments
Labels: My day

Monday, February 19, 2007
Annoying songs
I love music, don't get me wrong, but there are some songs that are seriously getting on my nerves. I usually don't listen to CDs since I get tired of hearing the same songs over and over, so I usually listen to radio in the car, since there are TONS of radio stations in the L.A. area that play such a variety of stuff. I spend A LOT of time in the car... not just because I live in California and there is traffic. Really, I'm pretty good about avoiding traffic and know 10 different ways to get everywhere, but here are some songs getting on my nerves lately that are so overplayed on radio and are always played when I'm in the car...Rodney Atkins' song "Watching You" --- It was alright the first few times I heard it, but now it is sooooo old, sooo overplayed. It was a good song, but now everytime I hear the line "then my 4 year old said a 4 letter word that started with S and I was concerned, so I said son, now where did you learn to talk like that?" I get annoyed and can tell Rodney where his son learned to talk like that, it was from having to hear that song sooooooooo many times. I feel like I'm "Going Through Hell" (another Atkins song) everytime, but don't want to keep on going...Toby Keith, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood - I can stand their songs the first few times I hear them, then get annoyed. I'll save my rant on Carrie for later. You can hear each of them played 5 times an hour on KFROG... NOT AN EXAGGERATION.Justin Timberlake- "Sexy Back" --- Sexy was brought back so long ago...John Mayer- "Waiting on the World to Change" --- Its not a bad song, the lyrics are pretty good. I'm not a John Mayer fan, but its so overplayed. I have a feeling it will only get worse... I heard it on KOST today for the first time.Gnarls Barkley- "Crazy"--- There is no escaping this song... STAR 98.7 started playing it in the summer, then came KIIS, then KBIG, and I'm beginning to think it's the only song they play. I didn't like it in the first place, so why am I going to like it now?Other annoying songs include: anything by Daughtry, KT Tunstall
Posted by Mike at 8:06 PM 3 comments

Sunday, February 18, 2007
Action
The last post was kinda depressing and it has been on my mind all evening. I have came up with solutions...Frat party--- daninokc encouraged me to go to a frat party the next time I'm invited. I plan to next time my friend invites me. I'll ask to go with him so I have someone to hang with and stuff, so hopefully that'll be cool.Wednesday Night Social at my old church--- its the worship service for those 18-35 to hang out, talk, and worship.Church--- go to the Saturday night service at my old church sometime VERY soonSingles group --- I had to cross this off the list after I looked at it, maybe I shouldn't, but it is at my old church the median age seems to be 40.The gym--- it will get my mind off of everything elseHang out with my high school friends... we say we all should visit each other at our colleges, so that's what I'm going to do. On Saturday I may go to SB to visit the girl from h.s. or go to a concert at my college with my coworkers. If I don't go to SB this weekend, then it's the weekend after DEFINITELY. I want to go to UCLA to visit a few friends up there also. I have friends also at UCI I could go visit and we can hang out for the day. We all talk a lot online, but it's so hard to hang out in person due to distance and crazy schedules, but I'm willing to make the effort.I talked to 1 of my coworkers tonight about us having 1 night a month to hang out, go see a movie, go for coffee, go bowling, or something... they are up for it, but they're all going to have to work to convince their parents... ughh. Translation=NO***I want to make this little disclaimer since I keep saying it... I keep saying I need to go to church, I'm questioning my beliefs, stuff like that, and maybe I should go to church to meet people etc... I do want to make it clear though, in no means am I a religious freak or something walking around with a Bible all the time or trying to convert people... I just feel that maybe the church will provide me with what I'm looking for like a way to meet people.***
Posted by Mike at 11:50 PM 1 comments
Labels: Thoughts

I need to get out... I need to meet people...
College so far has sucked on so many levels. All of my friends moved away leaving me here all alone. That's ok. I can deal with that. That's fine, its an opportunity for me to get to know new people. I've tried in college. I am stepping out of my comfort zone making the extra effort, talking to random people in my classes, and stuff like that, although I am a shy person. I figure hey... when there's a class of 500 or so why not try to get to meet someone... it can't hurt. I hate how I've met at least 2-3 people in my classes each quarter whether they have 20 or 500 people, but being a commuter college and everyone having such different lives, nobody wants to get to meet each other on anything more than a hello/goodbye basis. That's what frustrates me. I want a more personal relationship with someone... anyone. The only real way you get to know people is if you live on campus or are in a frat. I'm not the frat type despite one of my friend's repeated attempts to get me to join his frat... maybe I should... drunk guys... hot guys... friends... sounds like a win/win deal.The only real interaction I have outside of home is work. I tutor 5 classes of high schoolers, which it has its moments, but overall I love it, I enjoy going to work, getting to talk to everyone, and helping the kids. At work I'm a very social person... kinda surprising... but I guess its because I'm dealing with groups of kids, so I don't know them on a real personal level, which is where I tend to be real shy. Most of them are good, so we talk about whatever... teachers... school... life... their problems with family and grades... and then get down to business and they work as a group to help answer each other's questions, it's fun. There's an age difference, so its not like I'd ever hang out with these people outside of work, but it is fun.My coworkers are really the greatest people. We all get along so well and we have good times... making fun of each other, hearing each other's relationship drama (I never have any), hearing about their new clothes, me defending their boyfriends (I can't win, but I can try), or whatever. The problem is they are girls... there are 8 of them in fact. I like girls, I think, don't get me wrong, but I need a guy. I don't mean a guy for sexual things, that might be nice, but I just need more interaction with guys. Everyday... look at my purse... look at these shoes... look at this dress... I want to have this ring when I get married... I don't care about the fashion and all of that. I may care about what looks hot on a girl, yes, but do I really care that you were a fool to go out and buy a $175.00 pair of heels or $450.00 Coach purse last weekend? No... not in the slighest... it might look nice, but I don't care. It drives me crazy... each time I think about how I need to get to know more guys after hearing about all this girl talk.I'd love to hang out with my coworkers more, they are all over 18, but their parents are so strict about letting them out of the house because they're girls, or they're Asian, or whatever and stuff happens, so they can't hang out all the time... usually only during the day... that's why I never have anything to do in the evening. My parents really don't care about where I go/what I do (as long as it's not spending the night at a girls house/getting drunk/ going clubbing... all the sinful things, you know). I have done the 3rd one... but I mean I make excuses... I don't want to, its sinful, but I do, and it works, but my parents (mom) need to understand I'm old enough to make my own decisions, try things on my own, screw up on my own.I was daring... heh... and responded to a guy's ad on craigslist who went to my college, we talked for about a month over IM, we hung out a couple times, he's the one I blogged about earlier. Anyways, I thought we had something going, but didn't, that's ok. He never responded to my IMs after a while. That's ok... obviously we weren't meant for each other and it's time to move on. I'm fine with that. I really am not upset, there are bound to be other guys, and I tried.Right now I am just looking for other people to hang out with or chat with online who are in the same position as me... questioning their sexuality, experimenting with guys, girls, whatever. I just got a gym membership, so I wouldn't mind having someone to go to the gym with and workout or talk about working out with. I would love to have a guy, or group of guys to hang out with, watch TV, watch the game, go to concerts, go to the gym, talk about the gym, go for a hike, and just do guy stuff with.I have looked up gay/bi guys in Riverside, San Bernardino, Moreno Valley, Corona, and the IE on myspace and facebook. A lot of them I'm not interested in, most are either the real feminene type, which I'm not. I enjoy doing guy things. I am also in the closet, am Christian, and so for most guys this is a turn off. I am conflicted over things like when to lose my virginity and stuff like that... maybe its not a big deal... those issues are ones I'm sorting through right now. I guess maybe I should post an ad on craigslist to meet someone, message a guy on myspace, or something, but that's not my thing. Maybe I need encouragement. Maybe I need to find a new way to meet someone.I plan to go back to my old church soon, probably this weekend to check them out. I want to go to the regular service, see if it is improved, see if their focus is still on lost people. I want to see if any of my friends from church are still there. I also want to go to the college group on Sunday night... I've ran into the pastor enough lately, and he has encouraged me to go back. I came off pretty arrogant and argumentative when I ran into him one day, but I think that is because I'm upset about how the church went.Maybe I should post an ad on craigslist... go to a frat party... heh... I don't know... it seems like I'm doing everything right, but I want to get this off my chest. I actually feel a lot better after typing this.I don't know what I should do. I just wish there were people to hang out with... it sucks spending a Friday or Saturday night in when I could be out doing something... seeing a movie... something... out partying...
Posted by Mike at 11:03 AM 0 comments
Labels: Thoughts

Saturday, February 17, 2007
Anyone want to go?
The Coachella Music Festival, which is mainly rock music is pretty much sold out, but here is the other concert I want to go to. My parents said if I can find a group of friends (guys or girls... GASP) to go with we can split the cost of a hotel room so we don't have to drive back both days.


I want to go to the Stagecoach Country Music Festival, but $165 for 2 days??? That's a lot... but I guess not when you break it down on the number of acts you'll get to see. On the radio they said it was $400 to go, but they just said that was for RESERVED SEATS... not having to stand like you would for the $165 tickets. If only I had more friends who like country music... I can think of 2, both can't go. Sad day...




Posted by Mike at 6:28 PM 0 comments
Friday, February 16, 2007
You saw it here first...
This was breaking news at 11:00p.m. tonight.Only in L.A. will you hear the term breaking news so overused... a car fire, a car accident, a house fire, a police pursuit, Jenn and Brad breaking up, Anna Nicole dying, and of course this...http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=entertainment&id=5042740Britney checked out of rehab for this?
Posted by Mike at 11:49 PM 1 comments
Labels: News

Friday, February 16, 2007
The gym and more...
Finally made it to the gym to work out for the first time tonight. I only did leg exercises tonight. All of the personal trainers were gone, so I couldn't make my appointment with one. I did the treadmill for 25 minutes by myself, had a real fast paced walk going on on it. Then one of my coworkers who also works there (in addition to tutoring) joined me. We then did the bikes for 30 minutes. I did the cardio workout on the bikes. I felt great afterward.I want to go to the gym mainly to become more toned in my chest area and work my thighs out, since that is the part of my body that bothers me the most. My body, arms especially are pretty toned and that surprises me, but they are. Any suggestions for what do are welcome... I will see what the personal trainer says when I have my session.Anyways, my dad was also at the gym since we have a family membership, so we drove together. We were talking on the way over and I told him that I want to go to see the girl I went to high school with up in SB next weekend, which I already knew about, that I don't really have a project, but we just want to hang out, since we're good friends. My dad said that he figured, he knows how you have to make everything sound educational or have a reason for going other than hanging out for my mom and stuff. He is completely fine with it, he said I'm over 18, I need to have my freedom, it's just my mom, and I just need to say straight out what I'm doing, she will soon realize.To me it doesn't seem that easy, she will be upset, yes, some of her trust may be lost, fine, that can be gained back, but it is kind of hard when it happens. Will she be disappointed for all of my "sinful" activities? Yes, probably. Am I ok with that? Yes, I know that I make wise decisions, I know how to handle situations. Ok, I can deal with that, but still? Telling my mom I'm going clubbing...? It just seems awkward. While I don't like to lie and make up an excuse, it almost seems easier. Me, with my paranoia, do at least tell my parents when I am going somewhere and do lie, I say something in the area because if I were to get in an accident or something and be in a completely different direction where I said, then I'd feel really bad.It makes me wonder what my dad already knows about the things I've done and places I've gone and other things... heh.Then I said well this summer I want to go to Mississippi to see my best friend, which I tried to do last summer, but plans fell through due to our schedules. I told my dad that I want to go, my friend's parents are fine with it, and he said he was. Cool. He said my mom just needs to understand that I'm over 18, that I will be paying using my money, so it shouldn't be a big deal. He told me just to tell him when I plan to go, make sure it works out with my friend and his family, he'll ok it, then I can buy my plane ticket, then tell my mom. It will definitely cause problems I'm sure, but at least my dad understands, and as long as he says ok, cool.I should have also mentioned wanting to go to Vegas for my 21st/my graduation from college and my best friend's (I plan to graduate in summer 08 and my friend in spring 08), but that might have been too much at one time.I don't want this all to sound like I'm bashing my parents, or mom, and hate them/her. I don't. I love both of my parents. I get along well with both of them, which is a lot more than a lot of kids my age can say. I ACTUALLY get along better with my mom than my dad. I love my mom, but sometimes she is sooooooooo overly protective. It doesn't matter how many times I point out I'm over 18, I have good judgment, I have a cell phone, and lately that has been getting to me as I am doing things I haven't done before (i.e. clubbing).
Posted by Mike at 10:01 PM 0 comments
Labels: Vacation

Cars
I love cars... I am eyeing cars right now in the hope of buying one in December or so of this year. I would be paying off the car when I do and using all of my own money, so that'll be cool. My only real objections are that the money is gone immediately after since cars are not an investment... cars are redesigned every couple years... and I plan to keep the car at least 8-10 years. I hate to spend my money on something like that... there's so many things I can do with the money.

I just can't help eyeing the discounts in the paper I saw in the classified in the paper today...

2007 Ford Mustang $20,990 on sale for $14,999 --- I'd like one of those, but my insurance would probably go WAAAAY up. I'd like a higher seating position in the car, though. I looked online and I want a BLUE Mustang with white racing stripes... not white, like the one that is on sale.







2007 Ford Ranger Extended Cab for $19,205 on sale for $12,999 --- I really like the Ranger out of all the small pickups












2007 Mazda 3 sport $16,400 on sale for $12,988 --- I question the reliability of a Mazda, though... I love the styling











There are a whole bunch of other cars I like to coming out... the 2008 Ford Escape and Focus, the 2008 Saturn Vue, and new 2007 Nissan Sentra.
Posted by Mike at 2:46 PM 0 comments
Labels: Cars
Thursday, February 15, 2007

Because all text is so boring...
These are some stars who I think are VERY hot...Chris Cagle (country singer)--- he has the cowboy look, great voice, great goatee, and nice body overall.Faith Hill (country singer)---she is so classy, the perfect woman (she is smart, a singer, wife, and mom). She has a great body. She also always has a new look or is doing something with her hair, which I like since the same look everyday is just so boring.David James Elliott (JAG)---black hair, blue eyes, great body, nice voice, need I say more? Jake Gyllenhaal--- GREAT eyes and hair!!!
Jennifer Nettles (from the country duo Sugarland)--- great body, she has such a SEXY voice, funny personality, I've seen her in person at one of their concerts.
Posted by Mike at 2:06 PM 0 comments

Long, but good day so far...
I got a call from my boss at 7:15 asking if I could be at the district office when it opened at 8:00. She said that there were carbon copy forms she had made for the parent meeting tonight that hadn't came in on Tuesday like they were supposed to, so she was in a panic. I said not a problem. I left home at 7:45, got there at 8:00. I went into the printing office, the ladies said they hadn't heard of the forms I was looking for or the person who ordered them. I gave them all the information I had, I knew what the forms looked like, I asked if I could look for them. The lady said to go through the boxes, so I did. I found them, they weren't sent because they were ready to be sent out to the wrong school. I told one of the ladies these were them, took them, left.I got to work at 8:45, only 15 minutes late. I tutored the freshmen class, that went well. The sophomores that I tutor after that class were having a party to today to celebrate their first semester grades, so we weren't tutoring. They deserve it!!! They impress me!!! The whole class is like one big family, they are all so willing to help each other in their schoolwork, make sure everyone understands everything. The class has 36 kids and the average GPA in the class is a 3.5. 3.5... that's pretty kick ass, for lack of better words, if you ask me, especially in sophomore year. Most of these kids are latino, black, and other minority groups. Over 3/4 are in honors and AP classes, so a 3.5GPA, rock on. Most are the first in their families to go to college. We all had breakfast burritos that their teacher made for them, apple juice, orange juice, and then a lot of kids bought desserts to snack on. Then all of us tutors stood up, we gave them a round of applause and told them to keep it up, then they gave us a we will rock you (the kids all put their hands their hands flat on the desk and clap on the desk twice, then clap). Their teacher said at the end of the year if they meet or beat their 3.5 average as a class, she will buy them all Starbucks or Juice It Up.2nd period was great. So was 4th period. This is the junior class I tutor. They weren't doing tutorials today either since the teacher wanted the kids to present their projects before their week off. They have been doing a project about diversity in America, which teaching diversity is one of the goals of the programs I tutor for. They had to talk about contributions each group has made to society like the Chinese, the Arabic, Indians, the Mexicans, and stuff like that. The kids could focus to profile 3 people of that race and tell how they contributed to America. They had to do a lot of research for this to find people, but also what the groups had done. The Mexican group did a great job, they talked about prominent latinos in politics, then also talked about how long Mexicans have been here, and what they had done to help in mining in the 1850s, and they had great examples like Clifton/Morenci Arizona a big mining town where they had a lot of Mexican miners, but were being exploited, but they talked about how important the contributions were. That was neat. My mom teaches 2 classes for the program which I tutor for (its a national program) and she wants to use the assignment in her class, which I think is cool, so the teacher e-mailed me the lesson so I can give it to her.5th period was busy. I had to rush and buy 4 cases of water and 8 bags of cookies for the parent meeting tonight for the incoming freshmen. I had 2 carts at the grocery store... heh.Then we had our weekly lunch meeting at Cocos. We talked about the Juniors/seniors with no D's or F's going to Cal State Northridge for a tour next month, then Universal Studios. Loud Mouth Tutor and I were invited to go and chaperone... that's cool! I get a free ticket to go, I get paid for going (7:30a.m.-11:30p.m) that's 15 hours I get paid for!!! I haven't been to Universal Studios in 2 years, so it'll be cool. We also don't have to hang around with the kids, so we can ride and shop, eat, or do whatever on our own. That is next month on Friday the 23rd I believe.We also talked about next year. We're trying to coordinate it for the current sophomores (juniors next year) to go on their Spring Break to UC Berkeley, CSU Chico, UC Davis, UC San Francisco, CSU Bakersfield, and a whole bunch of other colleges to tour them so they can see more colleges. If I am able to go then, I am invited, that should be sweet.I also mentioned how next year I'd like another guy tutor, not just for my sanity, but for the guys I tutor. The teachers agree it needs to be done, but they don't really know anyone, so it is now my job to try and recruit a guy that would be interested. I have an idea... the frat guy I mentioned in my last e-mail who is my friend. He works at the grocery store I shop at, he is great with math and science, so that's a plus, plus he wants to go into teaching, so I'll talk to him. Hopefully he says yes. Loud Mouth Coworker was not happy about this, but I don't care.I have to be at the parent meeting tonight to speak to the parents about how tutoring works, then talk to the 8th graders and answer their questions. I have to be there at 6:15, then the meeting lasts until 8:15. I'm not looking forward to it... meetings are just so boring... that's 1 thing I dread if I were to become a teacher.Afterward I'm probably going to the gym to work out with one of my coworkers. I am going to have to change at the gym since I'm wearing nice black pants and a red buttondown shirt because of the meeting, and I'm not going to work out in that.Today has been fun so far... I'm looking forward to the rest of the day!
Posted by Mike at 1:38 PM 0 comments
Labels: Work

Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Gas prices
I hate gas prices... I don't have to pay for my gas, but the prices are so depressing.Out here in California they are about $2.65. They jumped today. I filled up on Saturday night I believe for $2.53, the week before that it was $2.33. The prices have been about $2.30 for months. There is no reason when oil prices are going down.My aunt in Shawnee Oklahoma is paying $1.82 she said on the phone to my mom yesterday... that's $0.80 cents less roughly!!! My aunt in Evansville Indiana is paying $2.00 per gallon.Is there a problem here in California? I think so, and I don't buy that we have tougher emissions standards than other states.
Posted by Mike at 7:08 PM 1 comments

I'm at school
I'm at school and I'm not having fun. Other than I hate my school, I actually should be doing something besides blogging.Wednesdays suck!!! I go to school from 8-11, then have a break between 11 and 1, class, then another break between 2 and 4. Then I have my stupid Journalism class that is nothing but busy work from 4-7p.m.I want a better schedule next quarter, but the class schedule was posted today and I don't see that happening. I'll probably talk about that tommorow or something.I am sitting here in the library right now. I just got done finding 2 books I need for my 10 page research paper for English. It is on the injustices Latinos face in education. I have to speculate about the causes. The only reason I chose this topic was I took Chicano Studies last quarter and the teacher gave us TONS of handouts on this and so it should be REALLY easy to flush out a paper on this. I was one of the few white boys in the class... there were more black people than white... not that it's a bad thing, but it was a little surprising.Anyways, I should prepare for 2 group presentations I have... 1 for environmental science on whether or not Americans overconsume. Then for my intro to the internet class I have to give a group presentation about the benefits/negatives of online training courses for businesses.There is a really HOT guy that just walked into the library and sat at a table in front of me. He is about 5'7'', probably 170lbs, you can tell he works out. He is probably about 30, sort of blondish brown shaggy hair and clean shaven. He has blue eyes. He is probably a grad studnet coming from work since he is dressed in a blue dress shirt, black pants, and leather messenger bag. He is sitting 5 tables away from me. It's no wonder I can't focus!
Posted by Mike at 2:23 PM 0 comments
Labels: School

Barking dogs
I don't like barking dogs. I think of barking dogs like crying children. Parents/owners should control them, teach them not to. If they are barking/crying, there is a problem, whether they are hungry or whatever the reason may be. If you're going to have dogs or children, you should be responsible for them.Our neighbors have not taught their dogs not to bark. The neighbors have 5 dogs, all of which have wandered onto their property and never went home. I can't blame the original owners honestly for not wanting these dogs back, all but 1 are mutts and they are all ugly. That's not my point though.When my dogs bark, and I have 2 of them, someone in my family tells the dogs to be quiet and goes to see what is wrong. The dogs know only to bark if there is a problem.At 1:00a.m. last night, the neighbors dog next door, the little one that looks like a mop starts barking. It has the most annoing bark, and it barks nonstop about nothing.. I tried for 15 minutes to block the dog out by putting my head under my pillo. My bedroom is about 100 feet from where the dog was barking. I knew the dog was barking for no reason since my dogs weren't barking.Anyways, after about 15 minutes I went outside. I was tired of it and annoyed. I got up, got a flashlight, then went outside trying to scare the dog by acting like I was chasing it. Didn't work. It kept barking and obviously wasn't scared. Plan B was to be nice and get a bone and give to the dog (the neighbors next door don't feed their animals we don't think) and so I thought maybe it was hungry. I threw the bone over our chainlink fence and the dog did nothing, it kept barking. I was annoyed... a free bone? Sounds good to me... anyways... being the middle of the night I was annoyed. I decided the next thing to try was to try spraying the dog with water. I got the hose, walked around with it to the other side of the house where the dog was, turned the hose on, sprayed the dog. It was about 40 degrees out, so I knew that it was not too nice, the dog could catch cold, or something. I sprayed for a while and the dog just stood there and didn't move... didn't even bother to move or stop barking once I had been wetting him for a while. I stopped before the dog got too soaked. Finally I decided rocks were my next best choice. I didn't throw rocks at the dog, I threw rocks around the dog hoping he would get scared and run off. NO!!! I was mad by this time. It didn't stop barking!!! I considered calling the neighbors, but that could have caused more problems. Instead I decided to throw a rock against the wall of their house. It was right out side of their living room where someone I could see was up and watching TV. I threw the rock, they heard it, the hubby came outside, then yelled at the dog like he did something wrong. The dog was quiet. I turned off my flashlight and just stood in the dark hoping to not be seen. I wasn't...When I got back in the house my mom and dad were up wondering what I was doing since they didn't hear anything and they heard me turn the hose on. Their room is right across from mine on the other side of the house, so they don't hear some of the stuff I do outside like the dog. My sister slept through it, but she'll sleep through anything. I told my parents about the dog next door and how we all know it barks for no reason and for such long periods of time. They laughed at how adamant I was to shut the dog up.Don't any of my other neighbors care about barking dogs, especially in the middle of the night. The G's who live across from us go to bed early and wake up about 5:30, the people below us are elderly and they don't do anything about it, then there are the people who live diagonal from us who also get up early, who don't do anything. I know I don't sleep very deeply, but I mean wouldn't you notice a barking dog?We have tried to talk to our neighbors, but they are nut cases.I was thankful though, that I was able to fall right asleep after shutting the dog up, and woke up energized, not tired. Yay!!! I actually slept great last night besides this incident.
Posted by Mike at 12:30 PM 0 comments
Labels: Neighbors

Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Youtube
There was a story on the news this morning as I was getting ready for work and to take my sister to school about video cell phones and youtube for kids. They talked about how kids are now posting videos of them in class making fun of their teachers, and stuff like that, which is a big issue in itself... I've actually found videos of students from my mom's school doing this... I can tell you all about that... its not a good idea to do that...Anyways kids in schoolyards being kicked and beat up by kids, and now kids are taping it and these videos end up on youtube. The kids shown in story were probably between 6th and 8th grade. I said something to the effect of "that's so stupid." My sister responded with, "oh, its probably a gang initiation." That ticked me off... the kids weren't wearing gang attire, but I could be wrong. Anyways, I followed that up with 20 questions... does a gang initiation make it right? What if you were the kid being beat up? Don't they realize the kid could be seriously hurt? How would you feel if it were you? Would you be the kid there beating him up? Don't you think the kids should be punished? She said no... they were defending themselves...She said its just a matter of acceptance, and the kids were probably beating the kid up for acceptance. like they were being initiated into a gang. I told her that didn't make sense, they obviously didn't like the kid, or were jealous of him or something. I said I didn't think that was right... I was a little concerned also that the kids were so young. I asked if it was a gang initiation if that were right to kick the kid... she said no, but its a fact of life. She didn't respond to the other questions, but I just wonder how she can be so heartless. My sister and I don't get along well.She then said it was all because of political views and how we both view the world differently. Anyways, she was saying that she is liberal, it happens, and you live with it, life goes on, and she knows I'm conservative (that's not completely true), so I view the world differently.Whenever she talks about politics and how stupid the president is or how some conservative is up on the TV preaching, I defend them, even though I may not agree with them. When she asked who I voted for last November for governor of California I told her I voted for Schwarzenegger (though I didn't) because I knew she would disagree with me saying that. I was hoping for an intelligent conversation about the 2 different viewpoints. No such luck. In the car in the afternoon if I pick her up, I put on talk radio. I will listen to the EXTREME conservative talk radio station in the afternoon, even though I may disagree with 99% of everything they say, I like to hear the other side, and why they think that. My sister can do nothing but bash them, tell me how stupid I am for listening to them, and how they just bash anyone who doesn't love America and they don't like women, but she can't defend her viewpoints. I've pointed that out to her. She just goes off about how they are so stupid, but when I ask for proof, she can't tell me. I say well, I agree with them because of .... and go through my list.Getting back to this morning, I said no, it is not a matter of politics. It is a matter of compassion, it is a matter of what is right. Is it right to go around and pick a fight with anyone or beat something up because you want to? If you hurt/injure/kill someone is it alright? Is it alright to hurt someone because your friends think it is funny? She wouldn't give me an answer to any of the questions. She said I'm just too conservative and hung up on the past like all conservatives are. Its time to move on...I can't stand that... my sister and I are so different... REALLY... I am a morning person, I wanted to learn to drive, I don't like to read, I am very neat and organized, then our senses of humor are totally different, her feelings get hurt SOOOO easily, she is so hard headed, and then we act totally different. That's a whole 'nother post in itself, and I'm sure if she makes me mad sometime soon you'll be hearing about that.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So what's on my agenda for today?- Go to work from 8:00-1:00.- Go to Mervyns... they have a sale and I need a couple gifts for a couple girls in the family who are having birthdays... plus there is a coupon! ($15.00 off a $50 purchase, which shouldn't be too hard to do $50 in damage... no I'm not a coupon clipper... I just saw these in the paper this morning)... I am very tempted to take my credit card out of my wallet before I go so I can only use ATM or write a check. Using credit is so tempting, especially since it is not like an ATM card where it comes out of your account immediately. I am a good little boy though, and pay off my balance each month.- Go to Michaels for an art set for my little cousin's birthday on Sunday... we get to go to the amusement park!!! YAY!!! I'm excited x10!!! I'm especially excited to get to see all my family.- Reschedule my dentist appointment (for the 4th time). I don't like going, so I keep rescheduling it. It went from January 3, to February 5, then March 17, but I'm going to reschedule it again since I can't make that time... so it is a VALID excuse this time...- Mail about 20 dvd's to my dad's army buddies and pick up the mail at the post office- Go to the gym (possibly)... my dad got temporary passes to go in the mail until our membership is fully activated. I don't see what the big deal is... it shouldn't be too hard to activate a membership... take our picture and I already have the little membership tag for my keychain.
Posted by Mike at 7:31 AM 1 comments
Labels: Sister

Monday, February 12, 2007
The Grammy's... I won!!!
I won... I had a bet with my coworkers. A group of 5 of my coworkers decided to bet on 10 categories that a singer can get a Grammy for, and we decided who picked the most who actually win out of 10 will get $5.00. I didn't watch the Grammy Awards, but I watched the summary of who won this morning, and it looks like I'll be collecting $25.00 tommorow. I am SHOCKED I won... I always pick the losers... I was totally shocked to have won, especially when I didn't really vary my choices...It's sad, something that interests me that I would bet with them on, like the Super Bowl or something doesn't interest my coworkers, or the USC-UCLA game, so we bet on something as lame as the Grammy Awards. This time it was ok because I won...Here's how I voted:1. Best pop vocal album- John Mayer (won) (I was going to choose Christina Aguleria)2. Record of year- Dixie Chicks (won)3. Album of year- Dixie Chicks (won)4. Song of year- Dixie Chicks (won)5. Best new artist- Carrie Underwood (won) (I can't stand her, but she stuck out to me as being the one who would win)6. Best female pop vocal performace- Christina Aguleria (won)7. Best male- Daniel Powter (I lost that one)8. Best pop performance- My Humps (won)9. Best rock song- Dani California (won)10. Best rap album- Ludacris (won) --- I had no clue... I just guessed his name since I'd heard of him...9 out of 10... not bad... the next best of all my coworkers was 7 out of 10.
Posted by Mike at 5:05 PM 0 comments
Labels: Work

100 things about me...
I got this from a friend's bulletin on myspace and decided I would fill it out. These are completely random facts about me...
1. I want to learn to play the guitar.
2. I hate my FIRST and LAST names... ask and I'll tell you my first name.
3. I hate my college... it is a bummer, especially when these should be the best years of my life.
4. I like hearing interesting stories about people.
5. I am a good listener.
6. I think Tremors is the worst movie of all time.
7. I don't get along with my sister... we are NOTHING alike. Maybe that's why I've always wanted a brother... we could have been close in age... had tons in common...
8. I hate my voice... it sounds like every other guy in my dad's family, its hard to distinguish us, and it is high, so I'm constantly being called "maam" on the phone. To give you an idea it sounds somewhat like the lead singer of Rascal Flatts, just not as good, and probably more irritating. People say I have a midwest or New York accent... I'd say neither.
9. I like to keep busy.
10. I want my sister to get a license BADLY, but worry that she'll not be a good driver.
11. I want to graduate in summer 2008 and with a minor in Spanish- a full year ahead of all my friends.
12. I want a masters in either Education or Communications.
13. My dream college was USC... it still is
14. I don't plan on getting married until at least the time I'm 30... I want freedom.
15. I love to meet new people.
16. High school was fun and a breeze (except when it came to math)... I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
17. I am very organized.
18. I love cars
19. I sing in the car- not the shower.
20. I love to learn.
21. I love my job. Great coworkers help.
22. I think a traffic reporter would be a fun job.
23. I watch a ton of news.
24. I don't watch a lot of TV shows, but my favorite shows are The Big Idea w/ Donny Deutsch, biographies, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, and I have a couple new favorites I'm embarrassed to admit. I love the XM radio music channels on Direct TV.
25. I don't watch a lot of movies... I don't have the patience.
26. People say I am a VERY patient person though.
27. Everyone says I'd make a great teacher.
28. I'm easy going and easy to get along with
29. I like to cook.. that's what I get for having a mom who is a home ec teacher.
30. I wish there were more hours in the day.
31. I like waking up early, the slow pace of the morning, the morning news shows, the sun rising, everyone is always friendly saying "good morning" and stuff like that.
32. I love driving in the middle of the night when there is not a lot of traffic.
33. I am tired of stupid people.
34. I'm thinking about getting my nipples pierced since my best friend wants to... maybe they'll be more sensitive and more prominent than they are now.... I've researched... considered... its not permanent like a tattoo... but I'll probably end up chickening out.
35. I have never got a speeding ticket, which REALLY surprises me... parking tickets... that's another story... but they have all been dismissed.
36. I am willing to try everything once... life is short
37. Dr. Pepper is the best drink hands down.
38. I love to try new foods.
39. I cannot stand Times New Roman font. I refuse to use it in papers when professors say it is REQUIRED that you use that font... I like Arial or Garamond in that case... only one professor has been able to tell the difference.
40. I am a neat freak.
41. I like to watch sports in person, not on TV. I like the Angels and Dodgers.
42. I hate being shy, in some ways it's good, but it has its disadvantages as far as meeting people, which is so hard in college. I don't have a problem though public speaking, speaking to a large group, speaking in front of the class, or discussing in a group. When it comes to get getting to know someone one-on-one, I'm shy.
43. I think e-bay and google are the best sites ever.
44. I love finding old friends on myspace.
45. I love retro furniture and clothes (from the 50s and 60s).
46. Dessert should be a meal... and a healthy meal at that!
47. ALF is still my favorite show of all time.
48. I have a GOOD memory
49. My favorite singers/bands include: Buddy Holly, Kenny Chesney, Sugarland (I've been to 1 of their concerts), U2, Brooks & Dunn, and Green Day. I listen to everything and am always looking for new stuff to listen to...
50. I am the one who does something because it needs to be done
51. I am not a procrastinator.
52. I like to work to keep busy, but kicking back with friends is always fun.
53. I overanalyze EVERYTHING.
54. I have done a lot of things that would surprise people... I'm not perfect.
55. I'm curious.
56. I like my handwriting. I rarely print.
57. I don't care what others think about me.
58. I DO NOT like to write in pencil.
59. Blue, green, and red pens are my favorite.
60. I am left handed.
61. I want to learn to drive a stick shift.
62. I want to practice my Spanish, but other than one of my coworkers have nobody to speak it with, but we never end up doing it.
63. I can't stand white walls... I need color!
64. I hate closed-minded people.
65. I am good at finding ways to annoy people.
66. I wish my body was more toned, but it will be soon.
67. I like driving. I love listening to the radio, sorting out my problems, and just the overall feeling of freedom.
68. It may sound like I'm a really serious person, but I'm not... I just haven't shown that side maybe yet.
69. I hate shaving.
70. I want to travel more, but travel requires money, which I'm reluctant to part with. In the next year I really want to visit Oklahoma to see family, Mississippi, Nashville, and Las Vegas.
71. I like electronics.
72. My coworker who uses a ton of cliches and old sayings has got me started using them... gee willikers.
73. I like biographies, historical fiction, and historical books.
74. I love trying new foods.
75. I hate that all my friends are away at college and I'm stuck at home.
76. I want to go to Vegas for my 21st birthday, but that's going to take a lot of me convincing my parents.
77. I want to try a Mac computer.
78. It always takes me forever to fall asleep.
79. I loathe math. I am actually a great math tutor, though. I think a lot of that stems from the fact kids are worried about doing something wrong, or afraid to look in the book or notes, I encourage that and force them to. I am also able to figure out where they went wrong relatively easily.
80. I want to carry a camera with me everywhere I go and take pictures, even though I don't. I'm getting better
81. I have 2 dogs.
82. I don't really like going to the beach, even though it is the thing to do in So Cal.
83. I have never shopped at Abercrombe & Fitch or Hollister, but have shopped at Aeropostale, American Eagle, and Express.
84. I am afraid that if I want to live in California when I'm older, it's so expensive I'll end up somewhere else like Indiana, West Virginia, Virginia, or Oklahoma where I have family, or in Vegas (even though it is becoming more expensive to live there).
85. I tend to overanalyze EVERYTHING.
86. I need a credit card that can never be maxed out and never has to be paid off.
87. I am actually VERY thrifty with my money... but LOVE to shop.
88. I LOVE Mark and Kim on KOST in the morning. I cannot stand the Frogmen in the Morning on KFROG. I also like Diana Steele and Rico on HOT92JAMZ alot.
89. I like listening to the traffic reports on the radio, and can tell you the time each station does their traffic report. I will listen to a traffic report instead of music any day.
90. I am a very independent person.
91. I love to hang out and go out to eat with friends.
92. I like doing random things and going random places.
93. I hate the dentist.
94. I want a small car, pickup, or small SUV for my next car.
95. I have broken both of my collar bones.
96. I have never been to the snow despite the fact the mountains are only about 30 miles away, I have been to the mountains though.
97. I hate being the only one of my friends left in the area, with the exception of my coworkers... they're cool... but they're all girls... they can't relate to me in the way a guy can. I hate how at my college it is so hard to meet people.
98. I wish it rained more in Southern California. I love cloudy and rainy days. I don't mind driving in the rain, since unlike everyone else I know how. I know the law... if your windshield wipers are on, your headlights have to be on. hehe
99. I hope this list doesn't make me sound arrogant.
100. I think nasally voices/southern accents are hot.
Posted by Mike at 4:03 PM 1 comments

1 comment:

Cody said...

Oh my God! I love to cook too, my mom is also a home ec teacher! Wooo!