Monday, July 9, 2007

February 21-28

Wednesday, February 28, 2007
I'm a smart ass...
My journalism teacher told me so. We were discussing how student journalists are protected today in high school, college, etc.The teacher asked me a question that seemed totally unrelated. She asked why when there is more than 1 newspaper in a newspaper rack you only take one. I said you only have a need for one, so you only take one, which is the law of diminishing marginal utility. She then responded with "Mike, I didn't ask for one of your smart ass remarks." The way she said it makes it sound like I am constantly giving her smart ass remarks... no... in fact when she asks a question I respond... I am a good little boy in that class. I'm actually kissing up quite a bit in that class, but I want a letter of recommendation from her, so I am trying to do well in the class. I didn't mean to come off as an ass. I was being completely serious and my answer was completely valid, which I pointed out to her during our break in class. She said that she was sorry for saying that, she never heard of that, but sees where I got my answer.Then she rephrased her question to the class and said "what legislation was signed into law last year?" Nobody knew the answer to that one... heh...I was a little shocked my teacher called me a smart ass... she was not having a good day she told us... she lost her wallet, she didn't get our papers graded, she is trying to plan her wedding, it is her birthday and it is going so bad and so on...She did let us out at 6:30 instead of 7:00 because Ludacris (the rapper) is playing at our school. Everyone was so excited, but complaining they wouldn't have time to eat before the concert so she would let us out early. I was down with that.In other news I was very productive today. I rescheduled my dentist appointment to next Wednesday at 2:30. I also had someone at the career center at school look at my resume and said it looked great... I just needed to tweak a few things to make it look more consistent and longer. Cool. Easy fix. Overall good day.
Posted by Mike at 7:16 PM 1 comments
Labels: My day
Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Today
It's not a good idea to forge my initials. It is obvious, especially I only use red or green pen, I don't dot my "j's," I don't write my letters/numbers like they are barrel shaped I guess would be the best way to describe the writing of the girl who decided to forge my initials. One of my coworkers said that she thought a girl forged my signature, I looked, said yes, and then told the teacher.The teacher questioned the girl, she said I had a sneezing attack when I signed her tutorial, so it was all my fault. I said possibly, but that doesn't explain why I used a black pen. On Tuesday's I write in green ink and Thursday's I use green just so we can catch cheating... it happens A LOT. All of us tutors use stamps to grade notebooks and different colors of pens of different days to catch this since cheating was such a problem last year.Is it worth a trip to the principal's office, having to confront both the principal and teacher, myself, a referral, and a "0" on the tutorial for that day? It was... a tutorial is only 15 points... she could have still got an 85 on the notebook with those 15 points missing, or did a make up tutorial if she was absent.The principal sent out a memo today for a lunch meeting with the presidents of the different clubs at school. I would be embarrassed if I were him. He spelled principal "principle" 3 different times. Then he spelled opportunity "oppratunity." I have a feeling he wrote this, not his secretary.It is raining today!!! I woke up about 3:30a.m. when I heard the rain coming down heavily. It rained pretty steadily all morning until about 9:00a.m., then just a little bit off and on. It was much needed, but I was surprised we got so much, especially since we have only got 0.25 inches so far this season. The storm was not publicized and as big as they usually make it on TV.
Posted by Mike at 5:53 PM 1 comments
Labels: My day

Next quarter
I hate registering for classes every quarter. I hate that so many of the classes I need are full, despite the fact I am a junior. I hate that the classes I need aren't available every quarter. Every quarter the classes sound more boring. I hate how every quarter of my college career I have had a night course. You can see what I'm faced with below when I pick classes tommorow...I try to get a Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule every quarter because I refuse to go to school every day, plus I want to work my schedule around my job. I will miss all of the students and teachers on Tuesday/Thursday at work, though it is busier on those days. I don't like that I would have no breaks on Tuesday/Thursday... no lunch... no time to do homework... relax...I try to balance my courses out based on how they sound... not too much reading or too many essays/papers, which I'm worried may happen this quarter...Classes I really want are at ridiculous times like Effects of Mass Media which is from 8:40-10p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays.I could go on, but I'll stop... here are the classes I'm looking at now.Sample schedule 1- M/W/Ftv n us culture --- mwf 1010-11f- 11-2 (required movie viewing every week on Friday and a paper tofollow)major figures n film n media --- mwf 11-12w 6-9 (required movie every Wednesday and paper to follow)political anthropology --- Mwf 11-12 (the professor posts his lectures word for word online,his tests are hard, but Anth 1 was an easy "B" with him... this class sounds SOOOO boring)social change --- mwf 1-2 (no professor has been assigned to the class (chances are a grad student will teach the class then, so it will be easier, the class also sounds boring)3rd level English --- mwf2-3p.m. or 9-10a.m.Sample schedule 2- M/T/TH/Fsports journalism --- tr 940-11 (taught by LA Times sports writer)intro world music --- tr 11-1230 (HARD professor, difficult tests that involve reading,listening, and essay writing)OREnglish and Drama in the 18th Century--- tr 11-12:30law, race, class, gender n culture --- tr 1240-2 (sounds boring I think)3rd level English---tr 2-330film n media hist after ww2 --- tr 2-330M 5-8 (required film viewing with paper to follow)intro 2 visual anthropology --- tr 2-330 (good professor I've read)FRIDAY--- required world music discussion 110-2Sample Schedule 3--- M/W/FAmerican Novel 19th Century--- MWF 8-9a.m. (this may be a no)Political Anthropology--- MWF 11-12Mexicans in the American southwest (Anthropology)--- MWF 12-1 (I'm thinking no)Social change--- MWF 1-23rd level English--- MWF 2-3 or 10-11Major figures in film/media--- MWF 11-12 and W 6-9 for film
Posted by Mike at 2:34 PM 1 comments
Labels: My future, School, Thoughts

Monday, February 26, 2007
Hot people on morning TV in LA
Kelly RipaJillian Barberie... what can I say...? I've grown up watching her...Rick Dickert... what a hot name... he is smart, funny, and looks great in Abercrombie and Fitch or whatever he wears.Hot voice, smart, funny, nice hair...
Posted by Mike at 8:37 PM 0 comments
Labels: Thoughts
Monday, February 26, 2007

"Christian" Drivers and Mike's road observations
I can't stand Christian drivers... those people who drive like maniacs, then have the "blessed to be a blessing" license plate frame, the fish symbol on the back of their cars, the cross bumper stickers, or bumper stickers for the church. I don't mind that these people are advertising their faith. I mind that these people don't act/drive like they are Christian.My neighbor has all of the things I mentioned above and she is a CRAZY driver. She does not stop at stop signs, she drives 50mph down our 25mph street. She is always on her cell phone. She drives down the center of the road, she has nearly hit me at least a dozen times in the past few years, she has honked at me numerous times for taking too long (I assume) for getting out on the busy highway, which it can take 4-5 minutes and there is no stop light. 2 weeks ago I was coming down the highway, I was in the center turn lane waiting to turn on our street, there were cars coming in the other direction. This lady comes out onto the street and nearly drives right into my driver's door. Keep in mind, I'm on the main street, so I have the right of way. I was getting panicked, especially since traffic was coming in the other direction, she was nearly in my door, I could have been killed by oncoming cars or her. She backs up, I turn on our street when it is safe. The woman backs up, turns around, then drives down our street tail gating me, then yells at me for making her late... in front of my mom AND her kids in the back seat. We documented it and called to at least file a complaint with the sheriff's department just in case something were to happen.That's one extreme case, but in general, I notice that people who have Christian stickers on their car are not very Christian drivers. I only have to go up and drive by one church in the and see everyone crossing 2-3 lanes quickly without signaling just to get to church without having to wait in the line of cars hoping their Christian brother in the next car will let them in. I notice you don't have to use signals when you try to get in a lane, just hold up traffic. When everyone is leaving church everyone is in a rush, then leaves without thinking, without using signals... without worrying about their Christian brother next to them. I see bumper stickers for one of the large churches in the area, the people who have them on their car usually are the ones not using signals, making crazy lane changes, are on their phone not paying attention to their surroundings, and stuff like that.The church secretary of my old church had the license plate frame "Blessed to be a blessing," but I can say I've been blessed to not be around her driving. She lives in my area, so I've seen her drive, she never used signals, would always tailgate everyone, and was constantly driving faster than the posted speed limit, but I guess since she is Christian, has a small car, she is fine.I'm not saying I'm a great driver... I like to think I am. I try to drive like I'm a Christian.I have had my license for 4 years, no tickets, no accidents, and I drive at least 12,000 miles a year. I am guilty of speeding, flipping the radio, writing down important messages, searching for things in the back seat, eating, and yes, talking on my cell phone (but that is a rare thing for me), cutting people off, getting frustrated at other drivers behind the wheel, not letting people in my lane, but I don't do it on a regular basis, but I'm admitting I've done it. I try to be cautious and make sure that I'm not in a heavy traffic area or something where it would be dangerous. I at least try to be courteous. I try to act Christian behind the wheel, in a busy parking lot, like a church and everyone is trying to leave, I let people in who are trying to pull out of their parking spaces. If I'm on the road, someone wants in my lane, I let them. I like to think I don't do it because I'm Christian, I do it because it is the right thing to do.I'm guilty of going above 65/70... as evidenced by a photo from this weekend.All I'm asking is if you're Christian, display it, and I don't mean put a bumper sticker on your car, that is not necessary, and I would advise against it because it is stuck forever and so it could be harder to sell the vehicle, plus it detracts from the visual appeal of the vehicle, but I mean try to act Christian behind the wheel... don't cut someone off, let someone in your lane, pay attention to your surroundings.I'm also not saying all Christians are bad drivers, there are many bad drivers I'm sure who are not Christian. but I'm saying that some Christians are, particularly IN MY OPINION the ones who need to advertise it, like they want everyone to not worry that they will be fine in case of an accident because they are Christian. I think that they should practice what they are preaching on the back of their car.And as promised... Mike's road observations from California...- if you have a raised truck, stay out of my way 'cuz I'm taller and can mow you over, plus I'll end up passing you since you made me mad by getting in front of me or driving slow- if you're a Mercedes, Lexus, or other expensive car, you don't have to use signals- if you're a small car, chances are you have a small brain, therefore you can make lane changes without giving it much thought or using signals- if you're a minivan mom you are busy dealing with the kids in the back seat and are on your cell phone, so everyone needs to watch for you, since you're too busy to drive and watch out for yourself- if you're a red car, you don't have to pay attention to speed limits- yellow light means go faster- if you're an SUV, you don't have to obey the rules of the road- if you are on your cell phone, you are obviously really busy on the phone, therefore driving is not your priority
Posted by Mike at 4:38 PM 1 comments
Labels: Cars, Sex and religion, Thoughts
Sunday, February 25, 2007

Other weekend tidbits and photos...
In California, when you get on an interstate or freeway you don't stop, there is a ramp TO ACCELERATE because it's hard to get on the freeway when you are stopped when you're competing with cars going 70+ mph. There was some lady I nearly creamed yesterday morning in a Chrysler Pacifica with a Colorado license plate. She was in front of me, we were doing about 40 to get on the freeway, she slams on her brakes suddenly, then stops and looks like someone is going to wait to let her in... sorry hun... it doesn't work that way in California. I had to slam my brakes on to avoid hitting her, then was able to go around her and use the right shoulder to accelerate to get into traffic.I heard TONS of good music on the way up... 540am country is switching to FM tommorow at 6:00a.m. KMZT will become GO COUNTRY 105.1. I was so sad when KZLA switched formats, I can't stand KFRG, so GoCountry 105.1 is very welcome... they also play a lot more variety and old stuff. Now it's going to be a real tossup in the morning as to who to listen to... Shawn Parr (I love him!), Mark and Kim, Valentine and Lisa Foxx, and Charlie Tuna/ Irma Blanco.My mom didn't call at all while I was in SB... she survived... :::GASP::: I knew she could... good.Gas prices in SB are SCARY... they are usually about $0.30 higher than everywhere else as you can see below. I got gas here in the city I live in today for $2.61 as opposed to below:Real street name in Santa BarbaraMy drive up the 101 along the coastCarpinteria State BeachAnother beach photo I tookI never want to see these prices again!
Posted by Mike at 7:15 PM 0 comments
Labels: Vacation

Weekend in SB
I woke up at 8:00. My mom was up and worrying... she packed a suitcase for my dad and sister and told me that they were going to go along for a day to get away and they'll stay at some random hotel. I said firmly NO... I'm not 2 years old and need you to go with me. I've gone A LOT of places on my own... I know the L.A. freeway system better than YOU do, I am MUCH better with directions than you are. I spent 3 days with my best friend's family in San Diego last year, I survived, I didn't call crying and saying I needed mommy. Then she said that she'd go along for the day... AGAIN... NO... I finally just started ignoring her.I left home at 9:10, got to SB at 11:40. It took an 2 hours and 30 minutes. That included a 15 minute break where I got off the freeway to use the restroom since I made the mistake of bringing a large water bottle along. I had a great drive though. Good music... I was singing along nonstop... had the cruise control going... averaged about 69mph on the way up.So I went to the girl's apartment at UCSB. She lives in Isla Vista... the poor college student area... heh... it was soooooooooo cool!!! There were people EVERYWHERE... in cars, on bikes, walking, on skateboard, whatever. And everyone was friendly... not like say hi to any stranger friendly, but you felt welcome, and apart of them, something you don't feel at my college... I think because everyone is so quiet and it is a commuter school, so people are so hard to get to know... but as I was walking to her apartment 2 girls smiled at me I passed, so that was cool.We got to her apartment, then went to Mission Santa Barbara. For those of you not from California, the missions were founded in the late 1700s by Spanish missionairies to Christianize the Indians. There are 21 in California all in a straight line pretty much within a day's distance on foot. I've been to about 15 of them. We drove around looking at all the expensive houses in SB, then went to the mission. The mission wasn't how I remembered it (I hadn't been since 4th grade). I paid for our admissions, then we toured it... the tour was self guided, so we just walked through pretty quickly, taking a few pictures, a lot of the stuff we already knew since we've studied it in school.
The road to the missionFor lunch we went to Chilis. It was my first time going there and it may well be my last. The chicken club tacos were SOOOO dry and flavorless... they sounded good... ranch dressing, bacon, chicken, a tortilla, lettuce, it sounded good. They were soooooo dry though!!! I poured and I mean poured hot sauce all over them (and I hate hot food) to get some moisture in them... it helped... it burnt my mouth... but it needed it. The service was not that great, and it was only 2:00p.m., so it wasn't too busy.We went back to her place and decided to walk to UCSB so I could check it out. I loved the campus... I love the area it's in... this may have been the perfect campus for me... I kind of wish I had checked UCSB out and applied there for college... I think the whole reason I stayed away from it was I heard it was a party school, and that wasn't important to me, plus their Comm program is not that well known, though my school's is lesser known. The area, the friendliness of the people, the beach nearby, it is all good.After, we went back to her apartment and watched The DaVinci Code (now I want to read the book), then As Good As It Gets (puke). Then it was time for Top Chef, which is the girl's favorite show, so we watched Food Network for like 2 hours. Then, being the intellectuals we are, turned on Dateline NBC and saw all about the Anna Nicole debaccle. We talked about it, how stupid everything is, the judge, and whatnot. By this time, the girl's roommate randomly showed up (she was going to be gone all weekend). She was HOTTT!!! She laughed at us for caring about Anna Nicole and said that's something that would drive her to drinking... then she went to her room and came out with a bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey. I had about half a cup full of the whiskey straight, then had another half a glass of it mixed with coke.It was about 9:45p.m. and we were hungry, so we walked to Jack in the Box to get Breakfast Jacks. We went back to the apartment to eat them. After we went out and walked randomly through Isla Vista... THERE WERE PARTIES ON EVERY STREET IN NEARLY EVERY APARTMENT COMPLEX... NO KIDDING... IT WAS CRAZY!!! Everyone was so friendly and people going to the parties randomly invited us along... it was CRAZY!!! There was a REALLY hot guy dressed up as a cowboy with the hat, boots, plaid shirt, the jeans flirting with the 2 girls outside of one of the parties... if we were maybe a little more intoxicated I may have made a move... heh. From there we walked down to the beach and walked along it, roommate was talking about all the people she has slept around with and how drunk she gets... I learned a lot. We went back to the apartment and watched more Food Network... Top Chef, Unwrapped, and Emeril. We went to bed about 2:00a.m... people were still out partying and were ALL night... including the people above us... it's crazy that they can do this all the time every night and that's how it is every night in Isla Vista according to my friend and her roommate... I'd never get any sleep... I didn't sleep so well... I heard every noise... people screaming... yelling... loud music... everything!!!Woke up about 9, then we all ate cereal, and I got ready to go. It was fun... on the way home I did the touristy thing stopping about 4-5 times along the way at the various beaches and other stuff... made relatively good timing... about 2 hours and 45 minutes.
Posted by Mike at 5:46 PM 0 comments
Labels: Vacation

Friday, February 23, 2007
Getting ready to go...
I get to go to SB this weekend and am going to hang out and stay at a good friend's house who is a girl. My mom is getting worried I can tell. She was on the phone this afternoon and was already making sure I wasn't leaving too late. I plan to leave at 9:00a.m., be in SB by 12:00p.m., hopefully sooner. My mom already asked that I look at the oil, tires, transmission, brake and all the other fluids to make sure my car is ok. I can only imagine it will get worse tonight... I'm sure I'll have to call at least twice to give her a progress report. She just does not do well letting go. My dad said it is hard on him, but knows I will have fun and knows I'll call only if I need him, but I'm over 18 and so he said basically go and do whatever. Cool.I am not sure what we'll do this weekend... probably go to the mission... maybe Solvang... probably hang out at her apartment... a frat party... lots of talking... lots of possibilities. It should be fun though. I will post pics.On another note my sister is still getting on my nerves. She has had this whole week off and it has been a waste as far as I'm concerned... she did do the dishes today (only took them out, since putting them in the dishwasher is my job)... she did read the 70 page driver's handbook for getting your permit, but I mean that is a quick, but boring read. She still has to go through the classes to get her permit.Since a lot of people are finding my blog through the search terms "STAR 98.7" I'm going to post this... I have been listening to Valentine and Lisa Foxx in the morning. I like them both a lot, thankfully they are so different from Jamie, Jack, and Stench who I could not stand, since Jamie seemed so rude and brainless, then Jack and Stench just bothered me with their useless chatter. At least when they said straight out what they were talking about and would not tone anything down like their language. Valentine and Lisa Foxx talk about stuff that interests me like they were talking about girls toning down their sex appeal in the office this morning, but Valentine had such a hard time saying "boobs" or "nipples," and instead said a "girl's headlights"... it was a funny way to refer to it, but I mean if you're going to say something, say it, don't just hide it or hint about what you're talking about.. aren't morning shows supposed to be provocative? Then Valentine was talking about himself and growing in his pants and he referred to it as the "flag at IwoJima being raised." I got a kick out of that, plus them talking about Lisa trying to look... wish I could have seen that in person, but anyways, that's just my thoughts. Maybe it is just management and they want a really vanilla type show, or maybe they're trying to be family friendly, maybe this isn't Valentine or Lisa's thing, but if they're trying to be family friendly... with all of the references to locations on the body it was a little hard to not figure out what they were talking about.
Posted by Mike at 4:19 PM 0 comments
Labels: My day, Sister, Thoughts

Thursday, February 22, 2007
Today
I have had this whole week off from work. I go to school Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, then work Tuesday and Thursday. I seriously don't know how I would survive if I didn't have a job. It keeps me busy, it gives me something to do, it gives me interaction with others. I like to keep busy. I could never sit around all day doing nothing. I have no clue what I would do if I didn't have a job... maybe sit around watch soap operas all day, watch Maury, Montel, all the court shows, all the news/talk shows like Regis and Kelly, Today, and Good Morning America. I have no clue what to do when you have nothing to do but sit around all day. That's probably what I would do. Actualy, I would probably spend my time organizing and cleaning everything, doing yardwork, and stuff like that. I don't know... I can already do all of that on top of work and school... I watch the TV shows I want to, help out around the house, hang out with friends, and still have plenty of time. If I didn't have a job and were home all day everyday I'd be climbing walls.I had an idea last night- ask my sister if she wanted to go to Disneyland or Knotts Berry Farm. Sounds fun, right? NO... she said NO. She does not want to go. She has had this whole week off from school and has sat around ALL day. How can you do that? Really? I just can't as I said above. It is not like she has school work to do. She doesn't. There are a million things she could do... vacuum the house, clean her bedroom (WHICH NEEDS IT BADLY), but she refuses and won't do it, no matter how much anyone asks her. I thought I was being a nice big brother by offering to take her to Knotts (my favorite) or Disneyland, but she turned me down. We both have an annual pass to Knotts and my parents said she could go to Disneyland, but she said no. All of my coworkers were busy today, so I couldn't go with them.Instead I went to pick up my paycheck this morning. I hate how classified employees can't have their paychecks put on direct deposit, so I have to drive 10 miles out of my way to the middle of nowhere to pick my check up. I went to the bank and deposited the check. Then I went to Target. Their furniture and other accessories left over from that Global Bazaar they had in January is now 75% off!!! Sweet!!! I have nowhere to put the furniture right now, but we're going to be adding onto our house, therefore I'll be getting all new furniture. I found 2 bar stools I wanted there today on for $130, but on sale for $32.50 a piece since they are 75% off (I'm going to have a kitchen area in my apartment type deal). I think I'll spend time trying to convince the parents about letting me get the furniture now while it is on sale and store it at my grandma's house.
The stools look like this in brown, minus the cushion.This afternoon, unlike my sister who sits around all day doing nothing... I mean literally doing nothing... not even watching TV, listening to music I've been busy. I threw away some stuff from the garage my dad wanted to get rid of, but he couldn't put in the trash can because of his back problems. I vacuumed the living room, crushed all of our cans to take them to be recycled, and I'm about to go clean the mirrors in the bathroom and vacuum it.I'm also planning to take random photos of my hair... I've been playing around with different hairstyles today, so I may post them, see what people think, or ask friends... they can always be new myspace photos.
I may go see a movie with my coworkers also tonight.
Posted by Mike at 1:18 PM 0 comments
Labels: My day, Sister

Wednesday, February 21, 2007
My personal trainer deal...
I had my first workout with a personal trainer last night. I worked out my arms mainly. I did a lot of exercises using the free weights and exercise ball.My trainer measured my body fat and it is 4%, I'm 20, 6'0'', and weigh 140. We got that all established. He said I'm in great shape figure wise and would make many jealous. My real need is strength training, both my trainer and I agree. I don't want to be huge, I just want to gain more muscle, tone my chest. He wants me to eat 3 small snacks during the day like an apple in addition to breakfast, lunch, dinner. He also says if I want to gain more muscle I need to gain about 15 more pounds, which will be done through eating. I made it clear I didn't want to look like my trainer who is about 5'5'', I'm not sure what his weight is, but he was just bulging with muscle, and I'm not interested in that. He looked like a mini hulk who wears really baggy clothes.I didn't feel like both of us were on the same page as far as fitness goals. He seems to think everyone wants to look like him. He did say something that I am going to look up... he was talking about how I will never do the same workout twice with a personal trainer because the point is to get bigger and so you want to never do the same exercise so your body will get used to it. Your body will get bigger when you do a different exercise each time. Any thoughts?At the end, they did their typical spiel to get you to sign up for a physical trainer. They wanted to give me 3 workout sessions per week with a trainer for 12 months for $385 per month. That's over $3,600 per year. Forget that... no ay... I'm interested in working out, I'm willing to put in the effort on my own, as long as I know what to do, but the price, especially with all that is going on right now, both with me financially, but also my parents and us adding onto our house, $385/$3,600 is out of the question. I talked the guy down, the next was 2 sessions per week, 1 on my own each week for $185. The prices for 6 months are about the same. I'm not the one to shell out money, especially right now when I'm saving for 3 different trips, plus a car.I finally established the trainer does not work on commission, so I didn't feel too bad in talking down the price... here is what I worked out... is this a good deal? Is it worth it? Can't I do most of this on my own? I'm just throwing this out there... feel free to comment.2 free sessions first month2 meets per month --- the rest of the workouts are on my own (and they'll tell me what to do)workout guideeating guide12 monthsplus $30 membership a month ($360)$29.00 per session for a year = $696 + startup of $95 =$785In other news... talked to my dad on the way back from the gym about going to SB this weekend. Didn't want to talk with my sister in the car, but did since that was the only time I've had to talk to him about it. I tweaked the story a little when I saw the conversation was going... 1 friend who is a guy is going up there too this weekend. He goes to college about 40 miles southwest of here and is going to visit because I am, so we can hang out. I said the girl in SB invited us for the day or for the weekend. My sister was in the car and said "oooh I'm not sure I trust Mike and a girl together." My dad agreed, partly because my sister was in the car, but said he's ok with it because another guy is going, so that nothing can happen and he'll be there as a watch.I was sitting in the living room with my parents last night, right before everyone got up to get ready for bed, I said "so, what should I tell the girl about this weekend?" which I wanted an OK from my dad without saying everything over again. He gave it, then my mom asked what. I said "friend from Irvine is going to SB since I am, he is going to stay the night. Girl invited me to stay the night." My mom said, "ok, so are you going to need a hotel room?" I said "no, girl has 3 or 4 free air mattresses in her apartment." My mom said, "well, ok." That was easy. Yes!NOW I'm bored to death here at school. I hate having two 2 hour breaks during the day. It is so boring. I am all caught up in my classes... I'm just sitting here on instant messenger and playing around on myspace. My friends will feel very loved... I've been on a major commenting spree... catching up and commenting on all their new photos. I hate these days... I am all caught up on schoolwork, then being here at school have nothing to do, so I become bored. I don't do bored well... I like to keep busy all the time.
Posted by Mike at 12:46 PM 1 comments

No comments: