Tuesday, July 10, 2007

May 21-31

Thursday, May 31, 2007
Wednesday night with The Guy
The Guy called me about 6:30 asking me if I wanted to hang and watch a movie with him. I said ok. It worked out great because I had some shopping to do beforehand. I found good stuff at good prices... my poor credit card though... I hit up Aeropostale (got 7 new shirts), Macys (got 2 new pairs of pants), and Nordstroms (they had an underwear sale...hah... really... you'll have to ask what I bought... lets just say it was $2.75 for $13.00 a pair underwear).Got to his place at 8, like he said. We sat and watched "My Best Friend's Wedding" and he was showing me the new cell phone he wants to buy and probably will (his is less than 6 months old). Then he showed me the new iPhone and he plans to buy that too. There was some random talk and it was good conversation in between. He asked if I wanted to go to the bedroom and I said yes. I make the first move and start sucking him and playing with his left nipple. He is rubbing my ass with his hand and squeezing it, which was hot. Then he undid my pants and he sucked me. Then he brought out lube and we were grinding up against each other, our oily bodies against each other, rubbing our dicks against each other, making out, more sucking. Lots of hot making out. Then we laid up real tight and jacked ourselves off. Then we both shot on him. Then we cleaned up, but didn't shower. We just toweled each other off. We should have showered... but that just forced me to get in the bath and shave when I got home, so ok. Then we got dressed and went back to looking at Mac products. Then we went to look for those Quaker Quakes with Ranch. Target was sold out, so we went to Staters. Driving there, The Guy was doing 45 in a 30mph zone and we flew by a cop with a radar gun. Right as we drove by, he pulled out and followed us for AT LEAST 5 minutes. The whole time I was nervous and The Guy was saying how he would hate the guy if he pulled him over and other random stuff. Then The Guy took a couple random turns and we lost the cop. Got to the grocery store and no Quakes. Fresh out. The Guy bought pudding and milk instead. Then coming back we talked about how his friend, the one I had the 3-some with is moving out on Friday. He was saying how tired he was of the friend because he was no longer helping around the house and refused to help The Guy paint and sand his cabinet doors in his kitchen. Then he was saying all he did for the friend like give him $100, bought him a $100 air mattress, which he didn't use. Bought him sheets for the bed, bought him a $40 storage container for his clothes. While the friend isn't as well off, The Guy was expecting a little more. I basically told him I think his expectations weren't unreal and that if everything he said was true, he certainly should be getting more in return. I feel kind of bad for The Guy since he seems to do so much for his friends and I don't know if he is getting anything in return. Anyways, I was wondering... do you guys like hearing all the details about what goes on between The Guy and I? I'm just curious... I mean it is kind of like I'm airing my sex life... but hey... I'm also doing it for the memories. And... its anonymous more or less...
Posted by Mike at 11:59 PM 0 comments
Labels: clothing, Guys, My day, Sex and religion, Thoughts

Wednesday, May 30, 2007
No more headaches... hopefully
I went to bed at 6:30p.m. last night. Early? Yes. I just got back from the gym, had a major headache, and was tired. I decided I'm just going to try and fall asleep. I did. I slept sooooooooooooooo soundly and didn't wake up until 7:10a.m. It took my sister shaking me to wake me up. I was that out of it. I felt like I could sleep another 3-4 hours and would have, if I could have.Decided I was going to pay Kaiser a visit because I'm tired of my headaches. They're allergy related. I was right. Went to Kaiser, told the nurse I wasn't leaving until I could speak to her or the doctor. Allergy doc was on maternity leave, so I spoke to the nurse. Told her I'm getting headaches just being outside. She said she wanted to change my allergy shot meds (doubling the dose). She did. No headache so far today... given it's only been 7 hours. I was able to go to school today and not sneeze and not get a headache being outside. Hopefully that works. Went to work today. ALL THE TUTORS WERE SICK EXCEPT ME. I was all alone grading notebooks. It was not fun, but I did get paid extra cuz I was the only one, so there were 2 sides to that. I can stand an extra $5 an hour.Also got the phone bill today. guess I'm posting this because I'm so anti-phones, and I have spent so much time on my phone lately, that I'm amazed and ashamed.I need to get off the phone. I didn't go over my minutes (thankfully The Guy has Cingular), but I spent 65 minutes on the phone in the past month talking with him. Its nice to know that he is calling and thinking of me. He usually calls about 1 in the afternoon.. Then I used another 50 minutes or so when I was fighting with Kaiser, finding out about storage containers, and stuff like that for when we add onto our house, since I never had time to call from home. Then I did go out with friends quite a bit last month and so we were calling each other back and forth, so that was another 40 minutes. Talked to my best friend on my cell phone for 2 1/2 hours 1 night. I talked to my aunt in Oklahoma for 75 minutes. I used 510 minutes for the month. That's almost 9 hours I spent on my little cell phone. Me thinks I'm going to have to invest in one of those annoying little ear pieces for talking in the car. I am very good at driving and talking on a cell phone and did a lot of that this past month, but ugh... it's annoying. I have even began to master the skill of driving with no hands... phone in 1 hand, drink or food in another... hah. I'd rather drive, listen to the music, enjoy the scenary.
Posted by Mike at 4:50 PM 1 comments
Labels: Guys, My day, Rants, Thoughts, Work

Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Summer school is LAME
I haven't started summer school yet. I'm taking 2 classes this summer, which I'm not looking forward to, but I'll manage. Almost all of my friends I found out today are taking summer school at their colleges... Merced... Santa Barbara... San Diego. At 7:20 this morning on STAR 987 I heard Snow Patrol will be performing July 25 and 26 at the Greek Theater in LA. Greek Theater=outdoors and a very nice venue in that it doesn't seat a lot of people, so the concerts are more intimate and the performers can better interact with thee audience. I was in the car and got on the phone and called the ex at SB and told her Snow Patrol was coming to the Greek. She is a big Snow Patrol fan, but has school that day and doesn't want to drive from LA to SB (only a 1 1/2 hour drive). She has class from 4-7p.m. on the 25th. M and J at Merced are going to be up there for summer school during that time. Called all 3 friends in SD and they're going to a concert in SD on the 25th and they're not sure about the 26th. Coworkers haven't heard of Snow Patrol.LAMENESS!!! I want to go see them and want someone to go with. Guess I'm going to keep trying to convince people.
Posted by Mike at 5:36 PM 0 comments
Labels: Music, My day, Rants, Thoughts

Hi, My name is Ass
I hate my aunt in Nor Cal. HATE, HATE, HATE. HATE IS SUCH A STRONG WORD, BUT HATE IS JUST A CHIP OFF THE ICEBERG FOR WHAT I REALLY FEEL. I loathe her, she disgusts me... She just wrote my family and my aunt in Oklahoma a letter that was so impersonal and really was a slap in my aunt in Ok's face and my family's face. She addressed the letter making fun of both my last name and my aunt's last name.The last line of the letter said, "you guys are so incapable and so busy, it's a shame you don't care for mom and if you have any questions call my voicemail." How impersonal. WE ARE FAMILY... or I thought... well actually, no, I'd rather not be associated with my aunt. In the first paragraph says how she is a miracle worker and the only reason my grandma is alive. Skip to the 6th paragraph and she says, "she loved the margaritas!" Note: my grandma is not supposed to have alcohol because of her heart and heart medicine. My aunt doesn't get it. My mom did help too when my grandma was here, before my aunt took her away. My mom was at my grandma's house every day after school for at least 2 hours to bring my grandma food, talk to her, help her with chores like vacuuming, take her grocery shopping. MY MOM USED HER MONEY to buy groceries for my grandma and bring her food. NOT MY AUNT. I took my grandma shopping too, often. I helped my grandma vacuum, do chores, clean her birds cages. My aunt in Ok did sooo much for her when she was there. My aunt in Nor Cal DOES NOTHING. My aunt gets up, goes to work, leaves my grandma at the senior center, comes home and rides her horses, then makes dinner, then picks my grandma up, and then wines and dines her the rest of the evening to get her out of her hair. She tells us that on the phone and its true. You can tell when you talk to my grnadma.Aunt goes on to tell my aunt in Ok. that she is so useless because she had no money to help take care of grandma when my aunt was staying with her. Anytime my aunt would write a check on behalf of my grandma, my aunt in Nor Cal called my aunt and gave her a guilt trip about how my grandma was too poor for that, which was not the case AT ALL. My aunt takes my grandma to senior club on Monday and Wednesday and uses my grandma's money, yet it is fine and dandy. My aunt in Ok. did everything she could for my grandma. EVERYTHING. NO JOKE.Here's what my aunt called me... "the guy down below us with his head up his ass," that was impersonal... then to write a letter saying "Head up ass?" as a way to address me so everyone in the family can see it, that makes me a little mad that she can so blantantly do this in front of all the family. Oh well. I seem to be doing pretty well for having my head up my ass. I have good grades, good friends, a good job, and dealing with everything that comes my way. I know it's me since I'm the only guy and this my aunt's way to tell her she is mad at me. My aunt doesn't like me, and to tell you the truth... I don't care. My aunt has done some hurtful things to me in the past and I'm over that. I remember when I was about 10 or so, she bought everyone else gifts in the family for Christmas, mailed them to us, my parents opened the box on Christmas Eve as we were opening gifts. Everyone had a big package, I just had a card. My aunt said in the card that she was too poor and couldn't afford to buy me a gift. That hurt me a lot since everyone else had a gift from her and I didn't. Then to add insult to injury, she did it again in the package she mailed to my grandma, she sent her a gift, then she sent another card to say again she couldn't afford to send me a gift. I held that against her for a while, because when you're a little kid you want to be liked by everyone and whatnot, I'm over that now. I just think that to call me Ass in a letter is downright rude. She's trying to hurt me again, yet I don't care... I'm not going to let her. It shows how low she is that she can't think of something more creative to call me. I sent my grandma a Mother's Day card with cats dangling from clothes lines and they move, so it's a 3-D card. Here is what my aunt said. "Mom appreciates the card Ass sent, it has captured her attention." Excuse me... I do have a name and I can guarantee you it is not Ass. The letter was only a page, but my aunt really didn't proofread what she read, so it took forever to read... there were lines like, "she club exercises so all goes to help her fell around better" I was lost.Ok... I just needed to vent... just got the letter, so it is fresh in my mind and makes me upset. I'm not letting this affect me. I'll be fine in 5 minutes, but just that my aunt can write what she did and that she is totally insulting everyone in the family makes me mad. THE FACT MY DAD, MOM, MYSELF, AUNT IN OK HAVE DONE SO MUCH AND TO HAVE THAT THROWN OUT THE WINDOW HURTS. THE FACT THAT MY AUNT IS REALLY HURTING MY GRANDMA HURTS. MY AUNT TREATS MY GRANDMA LIKE A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN. MY GRANDMA, WHEN YOU TALK TO HER ON THE PHONE FEELS INSECURE AT MY AUNT'S HOUSE. THERE IS NOT A DAMN THING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT. The fact that she is touting all that she has done and overlooking everything we (my family and aunt in Ok) have done makes me mad. I could care less my name is Ass according to her.
Posted by Mike at 1:47 PM 2 comments
Labels: family, Memories, My day, Rants, Thoughts

Monday, May 28, 2007
Daughtry... or all music sounds good at 3:30a.m.
I first heard the song "Home," by Daughtry on Wednesday morning last week when I was going to the CBS studios. I heard it on 4-5 radio stations, just going. I came home and downloaded the song. I don't really care/didn't care for "It's Not Over," but it is growing on me. He is the first American Idol contestant who I'm beginning to like. I do not like anyone I've heard thusfar on there. I don't watch the show, don't like the show for many reasons, but he is not bad. There are things that intrigue me about the show, but it is of no interest to me.It is amazing how good music sounds at 3:00a.m. hah. I was having the most fantastic time in the car. I'm not lying. I was singing to every song. Heard some Sam Cooke on KEARTH. I was listening to After Midnite with Blair Garner- love his program... if only it weren't on after midnight. He should have a program called After-noon on KFROG and replace Hoppy and Toady. I was listening to good stuff on GoCountry 105. Heard lots of interesting stories/news from the DJ on there like there was a drunk man in Germany arrested for operating his wheelchair while drunk. That was worth it. I heard Big & Rich's song "Lost in the Moment" also going up to LA and I was singing along to it, then came home and downloaded it. I don't like Big & Rich in the first place- partly because I don't think they're country, but for some reason it sounded good and I've been listening to it since.I was also listening to KOST (I had to... nope... didn't listen to it the whole way... not a devoted KOST listener like that... hah) and heard Michael Buble's new song, which I had to come home and buy on iTunes.I heard "Young Folks" by Peter Bjorn and finally broke down and bought that one also. Have you heard "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's? I heard that going too on STAR 98.7 and had to download that too... Ii like this song since it just sounds so simple... a guy and his guitar. The video is pretty cool... check it out.
Posted by Mike at 9:56 AM 0 comments
Labels: Music, Thoughts

Sunday, May 27, 2007
Coworker's date
My coworker D asked me to be her date for a medical club she is involved in at our school. I accepted. It was their end of the year party at an upscale hotel in the area by the airport.It was nice, even though I felt out of place since I was not a science major or interested in medicine. People were just showing up who were in the club. They rented out a conference room that was probably 50'x100'. My date wasn't anywhere to be found, so I kind of just stood around in a corner... hah and waited utnil I saw someone I knew. My coworkers Dee & N walked in. They are the lesbian lovers. I talked to them. The conversation was awkward as they were mad at me for something I said at work 2 weeks ago. They've just kind of ignored me, but they talked to me at this thing and I thnk it was because they didn't know anyone either. Finally my date came in. She was apart of the setup crew and so she was changing. She introduced me to random people in the club like the president and vice president. My date is the treasurer. The people were nice and said I'm welcome to join the club and whatnot. She went around and introduced me to everyone and I just kind of followed and talked to the people. Everyone seemed puzzled that I wasn't a science major. These people don't seem to get out much and associate with people other than science majors in their labs and classes. It just made it hard to relate to these people cuz I'm not studying for the MCATS or have any interest in science. The people were talking about stuff like experiments that they did in their classes last week and stuff like that and I felt out of the loop. It was my place to just stand and look pretty.Dinner was salisbury steak and mashed potatoes. Dessert was a small piece of chocolate cake. I sat next to my date and Dee & N. I learned all about how N wants to go into the medical field and Dee doesn't. She is just in the club because N is. I learned how N and D go to each other's classes because they can't stand to be separated. MY GAWD.After dinner there was an awards ceremony thing for most outsanding member etc. and raffles for stuff like Kaplan MCAT classes. Then there was dancing. Maybe 20 people danced. Most people stood around talking. HOw can you dance to rap music anyway? Hah. Anyways, I did dance or tried to with my coworker. It was kind of awkward... it seemed more forced. She really wasn't into it. She kind of kept her distance from me on the dance floor when we were dancing. I mean i know, maybe because we aren't in a relationship and my date isn't looking for a relationship with anyone, it was kind of awkward, but whatever. There was no kiss exchange,d and I expected that...My aunt in Indiana who I tell just about everything to (except that I like guys!) e-mailed me wanting to know about the dance and said this..."Sure hope you enjoy the dinner and dance... I'm glad she asked you to go as her date! Hope you have a great time. I know you like this girl, have you ever thought about asking her out?? Some times a Co-worker, becomes more! You already know her well, so there will be no secrets going into the relationship."Man... I want to tell her yes, I've thought about that. This girl isn't looking for a relationship though, and I'm not trying to be mean... but there are other coworkers I like better... like Gonzo... even though she has a b/f. D isn't my type also. D and I don't have a lot of the same interests, though we get along well. Again, this would probably end up being like my previous relationships... I like guys though, too. LOL. Think I'll just say D isn't looking for a relationship.

Posted by Mike at 10:54 AM 0 comments
Labels: My day, Photos, Thoughts, Work

Saw The Guy at Sears
Long story short... I was at Sears over by The Guy's house yesterday. I was on my way to a dance my coworker invited me to. I was her date. My mom, dad, sis, and I were at Sears in the city we live in yesterday because today is my mom's birthday and my dad was trying to buy something for her. There was a ring she wanted in white gold that our Sears didn't have. We found out the Sears over by The Guy's house had it, so since I was in the area, I went to buy it. Also bought my date a 1lb box of Sees Candies... aren't I a sweet guy?I was in the jewlery area for about 5 minutes when someone comes up to me and says, "I didn't expect to see you here, all dressed up in a suit... you're damn sexy" and rubs my back. I turn around and am surprised, then told The Guy why I was there. Then he asked if I was going back to being straight, jumped in, and was now buying a ring for a girl. He asked if I wanted to walk around with him and talk, so we did.I told him I was basically over with him. I thought he was a nice guy and whatnot, but I didn't like how I felt like I was being used for sex between him and his friend the other day. Though the 3-some was hotter the second time around, I didn't like the idea of being used and I felt pretty slutty I told him. He said that he realized that it was wrong of him to do that and he didn't mean to make me uncomfortable in any way. He seemed very sincere. We were in front of a store window leaning up against it and he was getting kind of teary eyed. I pointed out a couple times during our 3-some where I felt really "used" and he said that he understood and that it was pretty wrong. He said that he was just trying to be a friend and introduce me to new things, and at any point I can say I don't like something, and that will be it. Since I didn't say anything, he thought I was comfortable, and yes, to give him credit, he did ask if I was fine.He said that he wants to continue to be friends and wanted to know if I did. He said that he likes me, as he would not have made any attempts to call me this week or IM me on the computer. He said that he just wants to be there for me as a friend as I'm coming to terms with my sexuality and whatnot. He said he doesn't mind just being friends, or friends with benefits. I said that was fine and that yes, I did like him as a friend. He invited me over after the dance and so I accepted.Got to his house about 12:30a.m. His friend was still at work. We sat around on the couch and snacked on chips. He told me that he felt really guilty because he felt that he was making me uncomfortable, but also that he felt he was responsible beause he was older and so he could more easily take advantage of me. He said that he really does like me because we're so different and have such different views on everything. He also realizes there is more to me than just sex.We laid up against each other on the couch and I started sucking him off. We went to his room and we sucked each other off. It was pretty hot and I felt that he was more interested in me, than with the 3-some, so that was better. After, we both showered. It was a short shower because he was very tired. After we both got out and dressed he told me that he was again sorry. We both made out as I was leaving. It was VERY hot. Just standing up against each other, kissing each other's neck.I'm inclined to believe The Guy... maybe it is because I tend to look at the best in people. He did seem pretty sincere, which to me means alot. I like to think I am able to look at all sides of the situation and see when I'm being used/taken advantage of, when something isn't right, stuff like that. I don't think its that I'mall caught up in "ooh this is a guy and I can't get another one... so I have to keep him." I could easily find a bunch of other guys. I believe that he is being pretty honest with me. I do believe this guy is a nice guy. There are easily a lot of other guys that want me (I'm not trying to brag... I'm just saying based on what I've got from ad replies etc.). Getting a guy is not much trouble... I could meet up with a whole bunch of random guys with little problem... what I want though is a friendship or at least someone to talk to. I guess I like that with this guy, there is a friendship, and that is hard to find, so I guess I'm willing to give things a second try. He says he is fine being friends, even if no sex is involved. I appreciate that. We'll see...
Posted by Mike at 9:48 AM 2 comments
Labels: Guys, My day, Thoughts

Saturday, May 26, 2007
Let's see how 951 I am...
Found this online and thought I'd post in the hopes that I find someone from the Inland Empire reading this...You know you're in the IE when:1. Every one of your friends, including yourself, has a drinking problem.2. You're pissed cause you live in the 909 but your cell is 951. (Mine was the other way around... live in 951, but cell was 909, so I had it changed)3. Everyone is in a band. (so true)4. Statutory rape laws dont exist here.5. You hook up with someone on Friday night and Saturday morning you have 10 missed calls from people that already heard about it. (I've heard about that... news travels fast)6. You've known more than half your friends since junior high, or elementary school (So true)7. You use terms like "Mo Val", "San Berdoo", and "Victimville" to refer to places (Yep... Fontucky... Roobidoo... The River... Horse Town USA)8. When you go to parties you bring your own beer and guard it with your life9. A party isn't a party until the cops come and someone gets knocked out (everyone calls the police when there is a party out here)10. Every Jetta you see has a roxy sticker on the back (Just go to the school I tutor at... it seems every girl has a Jetta and a Roxy sticker to go with it)11. The whos gonna drive to get more booze conversation is decided by who has the fewest number of D.U.I.'s (I can believe that)12. You try to act as white trash as possible, but your parents live in million dollar houses and drive hummers (The school I work at again...)13. You know at least 10 people with a tattoo of their last name, a star, or a flower (Sooo true)14. At least half the guys you see are wearing black Active socks (The school I work at again)15. When all of your girlfriends go off to college, and all your guy friends stay home and work construction (thus the creation of bros....)16. You walk into a party and you've hooked up with at least half the people there17. Even the people you havent seen since high school still manage to find out what and who you are doing (OMG this is sooooo true... news travels fast)18. You walk into Vons or Rite Aid and see at least 5 people you know (Stater Brothers and Target for me)19. You have an Uncle Jager. (huh?)20. You participate in the cycle of: A) Seeing old people at parties and then B) Being the old people at parties.21. "Your mom" is the most common phrase in your vocabulary. (I disagree... I'd say the most common phrase is puhlease, bro, nikka, cholo, and at least hella is gone)22. You walk to your truck at Victoria Gardens and mistake putting your key in one of the 50 black lifted F-250s with Famous stickers on (haha... so true... stupid bros)
Posted by Mike at 10:00 AM 1 comments
Labels: Random

Thursday, May 24, 2007
Mr. P "leans like a cholo"
Mr. P is too funny. Today a kid in 5th period a kid was talking while Mr. P was up in front of class trying to get them started Here's the conversation:Kid: random talkMr. P: Hey son, you thinking of closing your mouth?Class: Oooh Mr. P thinks he is black now.Kid: Shit man, Mr. P called me out again.Mr. P: No... not black... this is how I roll... I lean like a cholo.Class + tutors: we all laughMr. P: See, that's how its doneRandom kid in Class: Mr. P, you really lean like a cholo?Mr. P: Ah, si senorita, this is what I do... I "lean side to side keep my elbows up like this and like that" (Mr. P did just that, leaned side to side with his elbows up) and that's how I deal with you guys.Class + tutors: more laughter and lots of random commentsRandom kid in class #2: When did Mr. P become gangsta?Mr. P: Mr. P is the ultimate OG dawg. Mr. P was rollin into work leanin' like a cholo this morning.Class + tutors: more laughterMr. P: Well, my daughter was in the car and she's pretty gangsta for a 10 year old.That kind of killed it, but it was SOOOOOOOOO hilarious. That totally made my day. Mr. P doesn't listen to rap, but the song is so popular, its hard to escape on radio, then that he was totally able to play off of that song.
Here's the song if you haven't heard it...
youtube won't let me place it in my blog, so click HERE.
Posted by Mike at 1:44 PM 0 comments
Labels: My day, Work

Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Breakfast with Mark and Kim
I heard on the radio on KOST yesterday e-mail the station if you want to attend a breakfast with the morning DJs Mark & Kim. I listen to Mark & Kim every morning and they were at the new CBS/KCAL broadcast center. I figured that would be a once in a lifetime thing to see, so I shot them an e-mail. I got a call at 3p.m. yesterday saying I won and am invited to go. Told my parents and there was some jealousy.Anyways, I went to bed at 9, fell asleep by 10, and was up at 3:30a.m. I figured out I could have slept another 45 minutes, but because of all the freeway construction I played it safe.Anyways, I got to the CBS studios at 5:45, 15 minutes early. I was the 2nd person to arrive. Went to the conference room and soon enough people started showing. Surprisingly it was people my age for the mostpart- a junior who goes to CSUF, her friend, and another girl who I recognize cuz I've seen her enough at Disneyland (I think that's sad when I've gone enough, I know the employees on a certain ride). There were about 10-15 of us.Mark and Kim did their radio show and came back and forth while all of us were in the conference room. They talked to us and made random smalltalk. They served bagels, muffins (good muffins at that), grapes, strawberries, and a bunch of other fruit. I was kind of expecting eggs, sausage, and whatnot, but it was neat.At 6:10, they asked us to go into the broadcast center with Mark and Kim because we were going to be on TV. They had us line up behind Mark and Kim who were sitting at the news desk and they talked back and forth to the anchors. I was behind Mark's head the first time.The 2nd time around we were on air from 6:50-7:00a.m. when Suzanne and Kent were talking to Mark and Kim. I was behind Kim this time, so everyone could see me. I was on TV today... yay!!!At 7:00a.m. Suzanne Rico came out and talked to Mark and Kim on their radio show and talked to the guests (us). She was sooooooooo sweet. She really was. She was full of energy and just the sweetest lady. I will admit, seeing her on TV at times, I got a different vibe, but she really was so sweet. She wanted to take us all, show us the anchor desk, the weather green screen, the control room, EVERYTHING. She did. We got to see her do her Early Show cut-in for the weather, traffic, and news. Vera Jiminez, the traffic reporter was just as sweet and showed us how she does the traffic and all the technology that she has now that they are in HD.We also saw the KCAL 9 studios. I saw Kent Shocknek in the hall, Jaime Garza walking to and from his desk, new reporter Dave Malkoff, Rick Chambers, Randy Paige, and Dave Gonzalez (all anchors and reporters who I've watched for many years).After seeing those people and getting to walk around, we came back to see Mark and Kim, they had KOST goodie bags for us with t-shirts etc. (very cool), and CBS also did commemorating their new studios. Very cool also.While sitting there I also got to see Jackie Johnson and Sandra Mitchell. Sandra Mitchell was also just as sweet as can be. She seems like she is on camera, but this just confirmed it.It was amazing to see all the work Mark and Kim are doing during the breaks operating the computers and stuff like that... it was just crazy!!!By this time it was 10:00a.m. and time to leave, but it was so cool. YAY!!! It was so worth getting up at 3:30a.m. I'd do it again if I could. It was just amazing. I'm mainly just describing who I saw because people who read this blog probably know the names more than anything, but the technology was incredible. The control room and all the computers, all the desks for the news writers, the HD studio, the SIZE of the new studio for KCAL and KCBS both are about 5,000 square feet. All the technology for the traffic- it sometimes changes as Vera does her traffic reporters. The feeds she gets will say traffic is moving at 65mph in an area, then suddenly 35, so it changes as she was on air. All of the cameras at KCBS/KCAL are now remote control and so nobody is operating them, which was an incredible thought all in its own. Got to see the teleprompters in motion and how sometimes they go really fast, and other times really slow. It was crazy. Something I may get to read one day... heh... we can hope.Totally worth missing a day of work... 3.5 hours to go to this...
Posted by Mike at 2:23 PM 0 comments
Labels: Memories, News, Radio, TV

Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Clearing off the digi camera
Sister has an awards ceremony tonight, so I'm clearing the camera... don't want anyone to get ideas with what I took photos of... nothing bad... just see below.
I felt really sexy coming back from the gym last night, so I snapped a pic.


Wore my new shoes to work today... got lots of comments.
Posted by Mike at 1:40 PM 1 comments
Labels: clothing, Gym, Photos, Random

Monday, May 21, 2007
Ugly car and the rest of today
I saw this Chrysler 300C coming home from school today. It is an ugly car in the first place, but the ragtop made it uglier. Had a moment to snap a shot with my camera phone.It was nice and gloomy out today as you can see from the photo above. It misted heavily most of the day. They said on the TV it was just going to be regular June gloom and we'd hit 80 today. My car said we hit 65. I did like the heavy mist... even though I did wash my car yesterday.Work was crazy busy with notebooks today. The kids don't care anymore (even though they have nearly a month left). I gave out lots of 50/100s... scores like that. The notebooks were so unorganized. I was not a happy person and began nitpicking for any little annoying thing I could mark the kids down on. Its been 9 months nearly, they should know better... some have been doing these notebooks 3 or 4 years... ok there is my rant.School went alright... nothing exciting... nothing special. I did submit my topic for my anthropology paper today. My teacher let us out early because today was carne asada day in the cafeteria and he wanted some before it sold out. I think everyday should be carne asada day for that reason.I looked at the degree check online today and I only have 20 upper division units left, 16 lower division units left. I can graduate in spring 2008, but I'm minoring in Spanish, so I'm going to stay around until summer 08.
Posted by Mike at 5:02 PM 0 comments
Labels: Cars, My day, My future, Rants, School, Weather, Work

No comments: