Monday, July 16, 2007

MY AUNT HAS NO HEART

Automatically when the phone rings before 9a.m. or so I get worried. My first thought is always something happened to grandma. And this morning it almost came through... my aunt called at 6:33 this morning and left a message on our answering machine "grandma is a vegetable." The answering machine is in my room and when I heard my aunt's voice I get a knot in my stomach, then I think my grandma is in a coma once I heard vegetable. NOT THE CASE, BUT HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SOOOOO CRUEL AND MAKE UP SUCH A MEAN LIE??? WELL... TO GET OUR ATTENTION. MY AUNT IS SICK. Spent a couple hours on the phone with my aunt in Oklahoma to find out this was a lie and what is really going on, but this was so uncalled for. This morning has been an emotional roller coaster and I'm sick to my stomach and things just seem to be getting worse.

1 comment:

Queen of Arts said...

Seriously, she'll get her dues one day.

And ... yes ... it is rare that anything good comes from a call early in the morning (or late in the evening).