Saturday, July 21, 2007

Warcraft again and a friend

Not addicted to Warcraft yet. I don't plan on becoming. I'm trying my hardest not to. Anyways, I said I'd play The Guy last night from my house and he'd play from his. About 3 minutes after I logged in, about 8:10p.m., he asked if I wanted to come over since he had pizza on the way. I thought why not and went over. We sat on the couch and ate some steak and onion pizza and talked. It was good. We played Warcraft in the meantime.

About 11:00 a friend of The Guy's called and asked to come over. The Guy frantically cleaned up the house since this guy can't stand a dirty place. Then he introduced me to the friend. We sat playing Warcraft for a few minutes more and the friend, Aaron was getting nervous and wanted to tell The Guy something. He asked if I minded if they took a walk and I said no.

Aaron is 19 (born in December 1987 and was trying to figure out how I was older than him... I had to make fun of him for that). HOT GUY! He is latino, preppy look going on, nice face, hair, eyebrows, the whole package. So when he got back we made smalltalk on the couch about what I do, what he does, stuff like that.

Then The Guy said Aaron has to tell me about his date he just had, but he didn't want to, so The Guy told me. He was on a date with a latino guy who was 35. The guy he was on a date with said during the date he had 3 boyfriends and bragged about all of his money. He gave Aaron a gold necklace that said "baby" on the first date. He was trying to stop the whole date and everything because the guy had 3 boyfriends. The guy then kept text messaging him and that's why he wanted advice from The Guy.

The Guy said just be firm and say "we're at different stages in our life, have a nice life." Aaron wanted to kill his date with kindness, and I pointed out no, just say you're not interested. This went on for 20 minutes and The Guy said he is trying to make Aaron feel guilty and play with his mind to get him to sleep with him. Finally Aaron texted "STOP" and the guy sent a few more texts and stopped.

The Guy was the one who met Aaron- he responded to his Yahoo personal. I knew Aaron looked familiar. I saw his pics on there before. Then The Guy said they first met and saw Spiderman 3 together. Aaron told The Guy he looked like Adam Sandler, which NOOO he doesn't and I came to The Guy's defense there, because he doesn't.

Aaron didn't want to play Warcraft because he didn't have a laptop and didn't want to go in the office to play. Then Aaron started asking me about my laptop etc. Then The Guy said that he'd buy Aaron one because he could use it in school, stuff like that. Aaron was quick to say no, don't spend money on me. That's one of my biggest things with The Guy- to keep my mouth shut about wanting things or saying I like things... chances are he'll buy them for you, which is nice, but I don't want to be reliant on him/take advantage and whatnot. A couple weeks ago when The Guy bought his surround sound speakers and wanted the stands immediately since the wall mountings wouldn't work asked if I would go to Best Buy with him. I said sure, then he said I'll give you the stands once I get the wall mountings. First I'm like you can't wait a day or two to get wall mountings, you need the stands now? That was funny to me. But then I said I had no use for the stands since I don't have any speakers to put on them. The Guy said "well, we're going to have to change that and said next time we go to Best Buy I'll get you some." I said NOOOO, I don't need any, plus since we're moving out and everything, they wouldn't get any use.

So finally Aaron gets an account and we play Warcraft for an hour or so more. Then we watch Entertainment Tonight and talk about the entertainment news, which drove The Guy crazy. I asked what would you call it besides entertainment news- he was disturbed by the fact they had it news. He couldn't come up with another answer.

Anyways, I left about 1:30 and we're going to hang out and play more Warcraft today over at his house, since it is more fun in person. Its fun to argue with The Guy while playing that because he knows the game so well and can tell a newbie everything to do and so when I don't do as he wanted we started to argue. Its all in fun though!

Coming home I was not happy. THERE WAS CONSTRUCTION EVERYWHERE. The freeway was shut down- an entire freeway because of construction. I had to take surface streets to transition to another freeway. Then there was construction on that freeway and it was down to 1 lane. Then coming home on the highway I live off of, there was a head-on accident in the canyon. There was only 1 lane to get by and so that created traffic even at 2:30 in the morning. Finally made it home at 2:45a.m. I seriously was considering calling The Guy when I saw the freeway was shut down and telling him I was coming back to stay the night. Wish I did. It took 1 hour and 15 minutes, when in the middle of the night should have taken 30-40 minutes.

1 comment:

Queen of Arts said...

you are going to become addicted to the game ... i have known others who played it, scoffed at the idea that they too would become so engrossed ... and then they were never heard from again!!!

okay, maybe that is over dramatized -- but it sounds like you are certainly enjoying the game.