Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sexual comments

Thanks guys for all the feedback on the last post. I really appreciate it!!!

Well, the other night my mom and I were talking about when I got home from The Guy's house (my friend Steve as I told my parents). My dad asked who I was out with so late. I said Steve. He said, "oh, Steve, he doesn't really turn me on." I think to myself gee, that's good to know, are you suggesting that he turns me on? Should I have said, "well, he turns me on?"

I went out with my friend Mike last night. He just called, asked what I was doing, and I told him on my way to Kaiser. He asked if he minded if he tagged along and we could hit the mall. Sounded good... it makes going to Kaiser more bearable. Mike bought a couple video games at Game Stop. My dad then said, "well, you've been GOING OUT with Mike and Steve lately."

My mom has also made a couple comments about me going out with Steve lately, but I don't know. I think my dad is more suspecting than my mom. But that she has made a couple comments that I can't recall, which makes me wonder if they suspect.

And this song came to mind when thinking about me potentially outing myself... "I'm a Hazard to Myself (Don't Let Me Get Me)" by going out with Mike and Steve so much...

1 comment:

Queen of Arts said...

Parents do suspect ...

Mom certainly knew something was up -- she admitted her gut instincts to me when I came out.

And I remember there was a night that I was going on a date. Mom knew it was a date, but I had yet to come out to Dad and it was never phrased as a "date" to him. I recall preparing to leave and I caught this look on my dad's face. It was a look of suspicion -- not in a bad way, but more like "why don't you just be honest and admit it?"